Water leak again, wet passenger floor and now electrical problems - Pictures (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The weatherstripping I added is attached to the cowl, so by removing the cowl, it would remove the additional weatherstripping.
Oh, I added weatherstripping on the body, as noted in the "Leak" thread I believe.... I think I'll remove it since a new cowl should fix these leaks. And the added weatherstipping didn't! ;)

Oh, I added weatherstripping on the body, as noted in the "Leak" thread I believe.... I think I'll remove it since a new cowl should fix these leaks. And the added weatherstipping didn't! ;)
I put mine on the body as well. I think it’s a matter of landing it in the right spot where the cowl meets the body. I suspect I was mostly just lucky on first try. But after adding the weather stripping my cowl fit much tighter to the window frame. I‘m on 2 years and running of a successful fix. Although my cowl looks like crap, so replacing not the worst idea, if just from a cosmetic reason.

Hi all -

I am having the same issue with my ‘16. Checked the sun roof drain, no blockage. I have had water both on top and under my front passenger floor mat. Curious if anyone had seen it under the mat before (I have all-weather mats, so checked this morning and no water or water mark on top of the mat, but was wet underneath). Thanks!

Hi all -

I am having the same issue with my ‘16. Checked the sun roof drain, no blockage. I have had water both on top and under my front passenger floor mat. Curious if anyone had seen it under the mat before (I have all-weather mats, so checked this morning and no water or water mark on top of the mat, but was wet underneath). Thanks!
Hi all -

So I was having the same issue and started digging and found rubber plugs under the driver and passenger front and rear doors and water poured out when I removed them. The water had backed up from the drains for the sunroof

So I was having the same issue and started digging and found rubber plugs under the driver and passenger front and rear doors and water poured out when I removed them. The water had backed up from the drains for the sunroof

I wish I had a nickel for every leak issue caused by cutting a giant whole in the roof....beyond dumb.

^^^ Our old Saab 900’s had sunroof leaks when the drains clogged, one got kinked. Backing out of our old condo driveway with a sharpish turn dumped a cup of water on my wife’s neck. She was not pleased.

My moms Lexus leaked on the passenger side, it was leaking from the sunroof on the drivers side…..go figure?

Found water on passenger floorboard. Dig deeper and also found a damp wiring harness connection. New windshield cowl ordered as well as sunroof molding. Found lots of good info on replacing the front cowl but have had no luck Finding much information on the sunroof molding replacement anybody have any hot tips?

B088B0EF-AC9D-4ACB-B288-E4D1A49C3BD1.jpeg

So I’m thinking it might be AC related now. Have water dripping on to my driver floor mat now

View attachment 3240127

So I’m thinking it might be AC related now. Have water dripping on to my driver floor mat now
The AC condenser for us is mounted in the center so it’s unlikely to drip out on the sides as far as the mat. Any water that didn’t make it out the drain would probably run down the trans tunnel and end up under the carpet.

Last edited:
@Gopher200 - I hope that's not the case, that looks more like water left over from your shoes? I've done the same thing getting into mine, not realizing I had just walked across a puddle near my parking spot, came back 20 min later and thought I had a driver side leak.

I hope that's not the case, that looks more like water left over from your shoes? I've done the same thing getting into mine, not realizing I had just walked across a puddle near my parking spot, came back 20 min later and thought I had a driver side leak.
This is what i thought as well...but didn't want to be the first to suggest it. To me, it appears to be too many different spots of dampness to be something dripping. Dripping water generally likes to follow the same path.

The AC condenser for us is mounted in the center so it’s unlikely to drip out on the sides as far as the mat. Any water that didn’t make it out the drain would probably run down the trans tunnel and end up under the carpet.
Thank you for the response! Trying to eliminate what it possibly could be so this is helpful!

@Gopher200 - I hope that's not the case, that looks more like water left over from your shoes? I've done the same thing getting into mine, not realizing I had just walked across a puddle near my parking spot, came back 20 min later and thought I had a driver side leak.

This is what i thought as well...but didn't want to be the first to suggest it. To me, it appears to be too many different spots of dampness to be something dripping. Dripping water generally likes to follow the same path.

Yeah it could be potentially be that. My only thought it just that it seems like a lot of water for being brought in externally. I’m hoping you all are right though!

Yeah it could be potentially be that. My only thought it just that it seems like a lot of water for being brought in externally. I’m hoping you all are right though!
I agree, it appears to be a lot and mine was very similar to yours, hoping you may have had the same experience with your shoes/boots. I had the passenger side leak as well and was about to lose my mind if the driver side was now a secondary issue!

FYI, last fall I thoroughly cleaned my passenger side windshield cowl, surrounding gaskets and vents - several times. (OEM Windshield) There was minor debris, small leaves, very small branch pieces, dirt accumulation. Even used some dental tools behind the cowl and gaskets. We received over 18 inches of rain with the January storms here, not a single drop on the passenger side floor or plastic cover above it. And it was parked outside the whole time. I was ready to buy the new cowl if that didn't work.
So when I saw the drivers floor wet, I thought, are you serious, I made it good on one side and worse on the other??

My cowl is on order... any installation tips? I'd like to avoid damaging the little "clips" that hook onto the windshield, like someone prior to me did... :rolleyes:

Well, installation did not go well- turns out the cheaper LC cowl does NOT fit a LX- due to the mounting points for the engine covers... Oops!

If anyone wants to buy a brand new LC cowl for my cost after shipping, let me know. Pick up in Los Angeles only.

Part number 5570860091

So we were able to find the issue… turns out the wiring harness was misplaced at some point in time and water down it into the cabin. Attached are pictures… I’m picking it up Friday so I will provide more information when I pick it up
4A82DBD2-93FA-4A02-94FE-C65704B5A3E2.jpeg
2DD42FF6-89D6-4DBD-AFA5-2FA0567BCDA3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom