Water in rear passenger door ash tray (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

It's been raining a ton lately and I just noticed that the rear passenger door ash trays have water in them. The interior door panel itself isn't wet, nor the seats, nor the carpet. I've tried searching on the threads but haven't found this issue before. Could it be water getting in the door channel runs?? They are kind of wrinkly and gross since the previous owner installed them extremely poorly.

Also, when I take out the ashtrays to dump the water and look inside the door panel, it looks dry?? Where the heck could it come from?!

Wondered the same thing before. Things that make go... hmmm?
I assumed the window had been down and the rain made it in there.
Kinda forgot about that one till now but now I'm going to look as it's been raining ALL day.

Wondered the same thing before. Things that make go... hmmm?
I assumed the window had been down and the rain made it in there.
Kinda forgot about that one till now but now I'm going to look as it's been raining ALL day.

So weird. The cabin is completely dry and the windows are up. But water magically appears. :mad:

Both are dry in my wagon right now. So I'm stuck thinking water got in from an open window and took a long time to dry out. Noticed that water in there twice I can remember.
That's all I got dude. Iffin you figure something out lmk!

I just can't see how that is possible. The ashtrays just clip into the plastic surround that is the door handle. For water to get into the ashtray it would have to run down the door card, cross whatever gap between the door handle and door card. For that to happen i would imagine it would be a lot of water which could only happen if the window was open. Alternatively the water is coming from the tray the sunroof sits in and is getting a direct hit on the ash tray.
Its either that or a poltergeist....

I just can't see how that is possible. The ashtrays just clip into the plastic surround that is the door handle. For water to get into the ashtray it would have to run down the door card, cross whatever gap between the door handle and door card. For that to happen i would imagine it would be a lot of water which could only happen if the window was open. Alternatively the water is coming from the tray the sunroof sits in and is getting a direct hit on the ash tray.
Its either that or a poltergeist....

I am truly at a loss. The next time it rains, I'll make sure to take photos and video. Maybe next step might be to take the interior door panel out, close the door and spray water on the door and try and isolate the location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom