Water in drivers cab in 1994 HZJ75 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone else had problem with water in the driver side.
I have sealed the drain plugs so no way it is getting in there.

I have not been in deep water only driving once or twice in rain, and it was stading outside one night in the rain.

The water has accumulated just inside the door.

Can it be a bad door seal?
or is there any other places water could get in?

IMG_20210319_110823142.jpg

Look above to the windshield for leaks or it could be the usual rust hole that forms inside the fresh air intake plenum. I had a hole on both sides that could only be accessed by removing the fenders. Time consuming but not hard. And better than having water run down the fuse box.
1616156991603.jpeg

1616157052453.jpeg

I had a leak coming in at the top corner of the door, running down the door gasket and somehow landing in the footwell. New door seal took care of it.

I had water coming in via the rubber grommet in the firewall where wiring passes through behind the dash. Silicone sealer applied from the engine side stopped it.

Hello,

Your windshield weatherstrip/seal needs new sealant or replacement.

Check the left firewall grommet and seal it.

Last but not least, look under the hood/bonnet hinge and seal if needed.

Juan

I recently traced some water leaks from both wiring firewall grommets. Surprisingly have no leaks from the windshield and it has has no sealant in the weatherstriping.

Thanks.
I will try a new door seal first. I know it is the original from 1994.
The truck is in general in a really good condition and almost no rust.

The rubber grommet could also be the issues. Hadn't thought about that as I thought it was a "dry place" in the engine bay.

Put the garden hose on the cab and watch where it begins to leak. The rubber seal between the windscreen frame and the body leaked on mine. I coated the seal with a neat bead of rubber sealant

Theres a rubber grommet on the factory radio antenna cable.If that grommet gets pulled loose water runs down the cable and then down the kick panel above the fusebox and eventually accumulates on the floor. There is an access hole in the inner fender where you can reach the grommit and work it back in. Normally no sealant is needed. Thats the first thing I would check.

So I am almost sure I found the problem. The grommet where the wires from the engine bay goes into the cabin was not sealed at all.
I have sealed with sikaflex and are hoping for the best.

Thanks for your advice

Look above to the windshield for leaks or it could be the usual rust hole that forms inside the fresh air intake plenum. I had a hole on both sides that could only be accessed by removing the fenders. Time consuming but not hard. And better than having water run down the fuse box.
View attachment 2619034
View attachment 2619035

Most likely I am just blind, but where was your leak in the picture? I have a leak on the passenger side and I am suspecting its coming from that area. The windshield has new rubbers and seems legit. The water runs down the panel and under the mat so it has to come from inside the panel.
IMG_0814 2.jpg

The windshield has new rubbers and seems legit.
Does that include the rubber underneath the windscreen frame? A lot of leaks come from that joint.

I'm trying to trace down a water leak into my right foot well.
It clearly drips down from where the air blower is. Either beside it or even from it.
I suspect that " rust hole in the fresh air intake", but couldn't figure out yet where exactly to look for such rusthole.
View attachment 2619034
View attachment 2619035
I understood, the water is supposed to run on that panel, which was sealed in white, and drain to behind the fender, through that hole, @RhinoRig opened up 'a little'. In other words: If that panel (sealed white) forms a rust hole, the water drains into the cab?
Can anybody tell where that would be visible from inside behind the dash / glovebox?
Thanks for advise
Felde

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom