Water heater switch - reverse valve (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

Last weekend, while pulling a Land Rover in reverse climbing steep rocky hill, my water heater valve gave his life back to creator. No worries, we managed to MacGyver an interim bypass that’s seems to hold on fine.

Once back home, placed an order online .. part arrived today. After taking bypass off and removing old switch - noticed that the valve operation on the new valve is reversed (see below pics for details). Before returning the new part and start searching for another that’s identical .. was hoping to find salvation at your holy forum.

465FB128-26A8-4F8C-871D-60CA1ECEF764.jpeg

EFDD1664-ED59-4AF3-BF92-4CEA4FF4B977.jpeg

8B9C0EB2-935F-4CC8-B875-4BD228673408.jpeg

Hello,

Last weekend, while pulling a Land Rover in reverse climbing steep rocky hill, my water heater valve gave his life back to creator. No worries, we managed to MacGyver an interim bypass that’s seems to hold on fine.

Once back home, placed an order online .. part arrived today. After taking bypass off and removing old switch - noticed that the valve operation on the new valve is reversed (see below pics for details). Before returning the new part and start searching for another that’s identical .. was hoping to find salvation at your holy forum.

View attachment 2315640
View attachment 2315641

View attachment 2315618
You either bought one for a 91-92 and you have a 93-97 or you bought one for a 93-97 and have a 91-92.

Bad news...

Sounds like you have a 91-92 model which there no replacement heater taps for...

Most people buy a generic “universal” one and modify the heater cable to work. It looks dodgy and isn’t ideal but unfortunately there isn’t really another option...

Sorry for the lack of info., my LC is '96.

Thanks for the details! Will narrow my search accordingly.

Update - found the following:

Item price jumped over 30% .. but issue is fixed now.

Item price jumped over 30% .. but issue is fixed now.
I always tell my wife what's a few dollars more when the correct part is going towards our beloved Land Cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom