water (from sunroof) in frame (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello. I noticed the driver's side carpet was wet for no reason. I would come to a stop and heard water rushing up. Accelerated and heard the water as well. I opened the driver's side door panel and saw no water (I thought it went down the window and accumulated in the door). I suspect that the rain water went down the sunroof drain (?) and into the frame. Where should I check for clogs? Should I drill a hole in the frame to get the water out? How can I plug those holes to avoid future rust issues. Otherwise the truck is awesome.
Thanks.

The trick is to run your drains out using weed-eater line.

If you can get the square shape kind, chuck up the extra (drain hose empties out/routed down A-pillar) in a drill & spin slowly - remove & pour water down holes to verify, as said - it'll exit just forward the door out the body behind the pinchweld of the rocker.

I never have had issue with rear buildup, just cleared the 2 front ones 2-3 times in the last ~12 yrs.

It's also likely just in your rockers and not frame so make sure and clean the pinch weld slits out with a zip tie from below to in addition to the sunroof drains. Just make sure your not directly underneath when you do so :)

You can also pul plastic plug in rocker for quicker release but make sure you get it back in correctly.

What he said... Same problem that I had when I bought my FZJ80 from the previous owner.

The trick is to run your drains out using weed-eater line.

If you can get the square shape kind, chuck up the extra (drain hose empties out/routed down A-pillar) in a drill & spin slowly - remove & pour water down holes to verify, as said - it'll exit just forward the door out the body behind the pinchweld of the rocker.

I never have had issue with rear buildup, just cleared the 2 front ones 2-3 times in the last ~12 yrs.
Thank you!!! I will work on it as soon as possible.

It's also likely just in your rockers and not frame so make sure and clean the pinch weld slits out with a zip tie from below to in addition to the sunroof drains. Just make sure your not directly underneath when you do so :)

You can also pul plastic plug in rocker for quicker release but make sure you get it back in correctly.
Thank you!!! I will work on it as soon as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom