water crossing exhaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

no pics, but have a buddy from florida that has one that goes up to his roof rack. took a piece of muffler pipe, cut an angle and welded it to the other muffler, pretty bad ass. Has a support piece comin off the tub. Good luck

Do you need this??

Mace said:
Do you need this??
Unlike Clark County there are places where trails cross water.

:D You should come up and find out some time. :D

Last edited:
It was my understanding that you only need an exaust extension above the water line if your cruiser dies while in the water. Becasue if you start it with the tail pipe under water the pressure from the water will be to great and dick up the engine. But if you have a snorkel and your engine bay H2O proofed you "shouldn't" have any problems.

:flipoff2:

See, I have been on that there particular trail amigo without my exhaust vented to the roof.

The only cruiser that I have personaly seen that had an extension was a POS that managed to burn 3 peoples hands.

In some circumstances I can see the need. But very rarely...

Additionally, if you stall in water that is over your hood (or even if it is not), good luck getting the rig started again. A extended tail pipe is probably the least of your worries....

i think it's a good match with a snorkel, and i agree it looks badass, gives the cruiser some character.

Mace said:
:flipoff2:

See, I have been on that there particular trail amigo without my exhaust vented to the roof.

The only cruiser that I have personaly seen that had an extension was a POS that managed to burn 3 peoples hands.

In some circumstances I can see the need. But very rarely...

Additionally, if you stall in water that is over your hood (or even if it is not), good luck getting the rig started again. A extended tail pipe is probably the least of your worries....
None of the five rigs we took through there had extensions either, I just thought I'd give you a ration.
OT: If you lived in FL or someplace I would think the flange idea would be the best, just bolt it up as required.

usmcruiser said:
It was my understanding that you only need an exaust extension above the water line if your cruiser dies while in the water. Becasue if you start it with the tail pipe under water the pressure from the water will be to great and dick up the engine. But if you have a snorkel and your engine bay H2O proofed you "shouldn't" have any problems.

Agreed, emphasis on SHOULDN"T......

just know where your intake is FOR SURE!!!!!! One of my co-workers drove a Chevy S-10 work truck through a water crossing here and didn't know where his intake was. Water over the hood, intake just above front bumper..........sucked in water, killed the motor. YIKES!!!! He almost made it out......and our budgets suffered for the fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom