Water Collecting in floor board (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Right in the middle of replacing the carpet in my 60 and I’ve noticed that after a storm water collects in the floorboard up front on both sides right At the bottom of the kick panel and door. I can’t seem to find out how it’s getting in the truck. The door seals have been replaced and the door seems to seal very well. Any other culprits I should look into?

If you’re in a dry climate I’d check (have to pull the fenders) the seams that run down the side of your cowl section. I did the hose test and found this to be the culprit. Don’t have any pics but can find them in my build thread if you’d like to see them.

E407C937-FDB0-40D0-A735-8BA0290E9B0B.jpeg

If you’re in a dry climate I’d check (have to pull the fenders) the seams that run down the side of your cowl section. I did the hose test and found this to be the culprit. Don’t have any pics but can find them in my build thread if you’d like to see them.

View attachment 2365657

+1 I just had to have my fenders pulled for the same issue. It wasn’t the windshield gasket / roof gutters so it was easy to narrow it down

loathed the wet carpet after every rain

View attachment 2365657
sorry about the non-related pic. Was actually in my build file looking for the pic of when I did the sealing process. Must have checked this pic without realizing it.

Pull back the windshield gasket and if there's not sealant installed that can be one culprit.

Thanks guys! Those are good places to start. I was scratching my head as I couldn't find any trace of water other than pooling in the floor board. I'll give the hose test a go

Just did a hose test and it’s def the cowl leaking. I saw a plate being installed along with some sealer to fix the issue. Anybody have luck with resealing?

Flex seal that baby. Post some pics if you have any.

This is the area to be sealed. I used a good quality urethane body sealer, though I haven't water tested it yet.

IMG_20181012_160646.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom