Watch this video, LC200 accident (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mucho driver error.

That hill was probably much steeper than it appeared in the video, the camera tends to flatten the image from my experience. Poor tires, likely not aired down, but mostly operator error. That was totally drivable.

Quite uneasy to watch, cause there just aren't lots of videos wherein Lc200s get into bad accidents like this.
lc200s are "king off the roads". Didn't expect it to just fall off like that

I agree with @KLF. It was steeper than it appears. Good AT tires would have helped greatly.

Bad tires, bad driver.

I thought student drivers had to have a yellow banner on the truck. Learner’s permit, maybe?

Supremely inexperienced and nervous driver.

I preach and preach and preach...

Don’t try and change your direction while on the obstacle!

Use all that open space before the obstacle to get the truck lined up for a strait on decent (or climb). That way, force will continued to be directed to the front, and not to the sides.

Also, don’t fight the terrain, because it will win every time. The driver kept adding more and more turning angle, which the terrain was quick to reply back with, “na bro, you’re just NOT going to go up that.”

The most traction a 4x4 can provide is when all tires are face strait forward, every degree the front tires are turned, less traction is available. So if you slide with your tires turns a little, you will be garunteed to slide easier with more turning of the wheels. In that situation, your only option is to ride out the line you choose before you got onto the obstacle.

But had he lined up the decent from the get go, started off on the right side of the road, would of gone strait down.

Yikes. Certainly some line choice issues. Usually not a good idea to turn across the slope, especially while sliding. Slicks don’t do a great job off road.

I know, armchair quarterbacking, but come on, so many don’t do’s here.

In the video the person talking was telling driver to turn the steering wheel to the left (driver side?). I am guessing the hill was not only steep but it had significant slant to the left. I think you mix that with what others have stated, you get accidents just like the one in the video.

He needed to simply let his rig stay turned into and toward the leftward tip. Instead, he kept letting his fear of rolling left make him try to escape by turning right. WORST thing he could have possibly done.

<---- Newbie

How much would have AT tires helped in a situation like that? Was it because his tires had no grip that he lost control? I ask because when I see situations like these it makes me nervous of trying anything esp with a decline.

This situation reminds me of losing control on black ice.

Everyone else has nailed it already, but long story short, poor driving, exactly wrong instincts, and totally avoidable. It's a lot like driving on slick snow, you steer INTO the skid not away from it. 100% driver error from tires (poor tread, not aired down), poor line choice, hit brakes when should have been in 4 low/1st gear/foot off brakes, turned uphill instead of downhill, panicked when stuff got out of control, didn't use a spotter, doesn't appear he walked the terrain or paid attention to what was in front of him...lots of mistakes and driver is to blame.

Here's another (albiet 100-series) accident in reverse. Again due to lack of skill and wrong instinct.

Here's another (albiet 100-series) accident in reverse. Again due to lack of skill and wrong instinct.

Wow! Dude got himself into a pickle big time there! Why did he put it in reverse?! I feel like neutral would have been more than sufficient at that angle :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom