Watch out for Spencer Lerman, Lerms Customs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Parts Buyers Beware of this guy.

I contacted Spencer via text like the ad said about a drivers door handle in White for my 80 series on Dec 22 19... mine broke in the frozen cold, I could only get in from the Pass side.
He responded right away, said he had one.
He would be in Santa Clarita from 12-22-1st I could pick up there or he could ship it to me for for an additional 10 bucks.
I chose shipping.
He sent me his paypal and I sent him the money same day.
I never heard from him again, untill Jan 8, after I contacted Paypal and started a Claim.
Said he lost his Phone and was not able to contact me.
No Computer to go to Paypal??
On Jan 8 he said he would send out the handle the next day.
5 days later, the 13th I got a text with a tracking number...From where? UPS, FEDEX, USPS???
I got the Handle on the 17th BROKEN and all scratched up.
Almost a month of crawling in from the pass side and I got a broken Handle I could not use.
I contacted him right then on the 17th and have not heard from him as of yet.
A 40 dollar part... it's the principle, and a warning for any future mud buyers

I contacted Spencer via text like the ad said about a drivers door handle in White for my 80 series on Dec 22 19... mine broke in the frozen cold, I could only get in from the Pass side.
He would be in Santa Clarita from 12-22-1st I could pick up there or he could ship it to me for for an additional 10 bucks.
I chose shipping.
I never heard from him again, untill Jan 8, after I contacted Paypal and started a Claim.
5 days later, the 13th I got a text with a tracking number...From where? UPS, FEDEX, USPS???
Almost a month of crawling in from the pass side and I got a broken Handle I could not use.

Did you pay him through paypal as a friend or as a business?

I learned the hard way from a guy in Black Canyon City, Arizona who parts out 4Runners & trucks. I bought a part from him for $75 and he insisted I do paypal as a friend so I did. After 2 weeks of not shipping the part I tried to file a dispute with PayPal and found that you can't do it if you sent the money to them as a friend.

I will never pay any parts peddlers or business as friends again. Now I'll just add 2.9% of the overall cost to my payment so they don't get charged - cheap insurance.

I paid through paypal on business.
If your Paypal acc is on a actual visa or MC (NOT) Atm visa then you have the option of Paypal or your CC company for collection.
Lesson Learned

I chose shipping.
I didnt get any message from you about this. Im happy to refund you if need be. All my doors were working when pulled so im not sure what happened and why it is broken. As far as it being scratched its a used part from an offroad vehicle. you never requested pictures or even asked anything about that. I will send you a refund and you can send me the part back. Thanks and sorry for the issues.

Spencer
That handle is long gone
Learning experience
okay well im sorry it didnt work. i really dont know how as it all my doors were working perfectly before i sent it. If you want to message me your paypal email i will send you a refund or if you need any other parts i can send them out for free. Thanks and sorry again for the troubles.

Did you pay him through paypal as a friend or as a business?

I learned the hard way from a guy in Black Canyon City, Arizona who parts out 4Runners & trucks. I bought a part from him for $75 and he insisted I do paypal as a friend so I did. After 2 weeks of not shipping the part I tried to file a dispute with PayPal and found that you can't do it if you sent the money to them as a friend.

I will never pay any parts peddlers or business as friends again. Now I'll just add 2.9% of the overall cost to my payment so they don't get charged - cheap insurance.
Hopefully the forum will put a rule in place so vendors and others stop requesting FF.

Doing F&F is just not honest, sorry. Unless you are buying from a friend or family member of course. Trying to skirt fees isn't a good justification on the seller's end, I mean companies pay the same fee to process credit card transactions, it's absorbed into the cost of doing business.

In no way am I trying to admonish the poster here, I know it's somewhat common in small parts deals among hobbyists, but I try to follow the rules and that tends to help when things go south. I have no opinion on this specific deal.

Doing F&F is just not honest, sorry. Unless you are buying from a friend or family member of course. Trying to skirt fees isn't a good justification on the seller's end, I mean companies pay the same fee to process credit card transactions, it's absorbed into the cost of doing business.

In no way am I trying to admonish the poster here, I know it's somewhat common in small parts deals among hobbyists, but I try to follow the rules and that tends to help when things go south. I have no opinion on this specific deal.

using friends and family is not honest?
persnonally I don't use paypal at all.
I understand the reason to use it tho, if disclosed there is an extra 3% upcharge for using any payment form that is totally fine, seems more and more local businesses are charging for the convenience of using a card now because the fees are hurting the bottom line. I choose to use a card sometimes, most I still use cash or check.
3% adds up, my Snapon rep ended up paying more than $10,000 in fees last year from the 3% for credit cards and 1 1/2% for debit cards. He's a local guy making a living.

using friends and family is not honest?
persnonally I don't use paypal at all.
I understand the reason to use it tho, if disclosed there is an extra 3% upcharge for using any payment form that is totally fine, seems more and more local businesses are charging for the convenience of using a card now because the fees are hurting the bottom line. I choose to use a card sometimes, most I still use cash or check.
3% adds up, my Snapon rep ended up paying more than $10,000 in fees last year from the 3% for credit cards and 1 1/2% for debit cards. He's a local guy making a living.

This response is not aimed at you but I’m addressing the honesty issue.

Lying so you can make a transaction and not pay the fees is simply dishonest. People who sell parts need to add it to the cost or use another payment system its Really that simple. I have a hard time doing business with anyone who openly wants to lie while making a sale especially if you claim to run a stand up business or are a Mud vendor.

This guy is a scammer, he keeps taking orders on his website, accepts the money and doesn't honor the transaction. Keep away, this might have been a legit business at one point, but it is most definitely not anymore.

This guy is a scammer, he keeps taking orders on his website, accepts the money and doesn't honor the transaction. Keep away, this might have been a legit business at one point, but it is most definitely not anymore.
Im doing my best to get every order out on time. Ive been making many changes to my website to insure things speed up. However im not a scammer. Im just one person working 2 jobs and trying to ship everything out as fast as i can. Thanks very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom