Builds Watch me tear my FJ40 apart!! 72 frame off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You are missing the lower pipe on the rocker cover. It connects into the tee on the lower radiator hose.

Ok now It makes since I guess I’ll be on the hunt for that part!

You can’t be missing something you didn’t have. The hard pipe for the heater did not start until 1974. Before that, it was just a couple of band clamps that screwed into the side cover either side of the distributor.

Mark the motor is from a 86 FJ60 would it have the hard pipe?

Thanks

Parts collection continues, just when you think you have everything you find out you need more.

Big things left are brake lines which I'm working with @Rainman on my DD gauge cluster and wheels/tires. I'm sure I will find more as I go along but I'm trying to spend a few hours night on the 40 and get this thing back on the road.

I’m hoping to sit down this weekend and work on refreshing all the knob on the dash. I also need to decide on a fuel pump. I’m still up in the air on wether to run mechanical or electric and last but not least I need to figure out how to run my exhaust with the rear mounted tank.

Spent about 5 hours today sanding and trying to get everything just right before final paint. I finally feel I’ve turn the corner on the body work and we should be painted with in a few weeks! My hats off to the guys that do this everyday as it has really taken it out of me.

This week I’m going to play with the wiring some more and work on getting all the brake lines installed.

I’ll follow up with some more pictures in a day or two.

Josh

Does anyone have the part numbers for the flexible brake hose lines that come off the front axle and rear axle?

Thanks

I've been slowly but surely moving forward on the 40 but doing a horrible job updating. I'll try to get some pics up later today or tomorrow. In the mean time could someone take a picture of their e-brake pull leaver. I've got mine all apart and can't for the life of me remember what it looked like together.

Thanks

0133351F-80EA-414A-8DEF-80C881B87F11.jpeg
E90D8D4C-C50F-4631-8A74-851540AC37A7.jpeg
A6E17ED0-C23B-4E2F-9DDB-231D2D6366FA.jpeg
8657FBA3-1D32-4933-8E2D-CF7CE8CE2C7B.jpeg
FFC38896-1FCB-42D3-BBDA-5FB1DDC645F7.jpeg

Thanks so much! Yours looks amazing!

So the progress continues slowly as one of my managers is out so I’m doing his job and mine. Anyways on the the 40. I’m still gathering up a few more parts to complete my wiring and Dakota Digital installation. I’m also weighing the pro and cons of running an electric fuel pump. I’m running a rear mounted fuel cell so I could run a in tank electric or just stick with the factory. Any recommendations?

I’m also weighing the pro and cons of running an electric fuel pump. I’m running a rear mounted fuel cell so I could run a in tank electric or just stick with the factory. Any recommendations?

If you're sticking with the carb use the factory pump. If you plan to go with fuel injection put an in-tank pump in.

If you're sticking with the carb use the factory pump. If you plan to go with fuel injection put an in-tank pump in.

Thanks so much for the reply

I am contemplating using the s10 fuel tank. Do you have any info on the parts you used to get from the filler neck to the tank, and a picture? Your work looks great, I wish mine was done. Thanks for taking the time to document. This helps me out a lot.

I am contemplating using the s10 fuel tank. Do you have any info on the parts you used to get from the filler neck to the tank, and a picture? Your work looks great, I wish mine was done. Thanks for taking the time to document. This helps me out a lot.

Sorry I just saw this post. I’ll snap some pics tomorrow and post them up. I really wish mine was done it’s been a long road and two kids make it even harder.

Does anyone know the correct fitting to adapt a DD oil pressure sending unit to a factor 2FThe thread pitch is slightly different.

I also went shopping at my parts counter the other day and picked up a few things. I’ll take take pictures of the part numbers tomorrow.

so far the most exciting thing is wheels and tires. I really wanted to go with city racers 16’s but just couldn’t justify the extra cost right now. I figure I can alway upgrade later and throw the factory steelies on the 62.:D

A680C293-E179-4FFA-BDA8-03B4B72FE650.jpeg
EAF28CBB-CBAF-4FA2-8B55-4CDE5451FD49.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom