Wasn’t sure where to post this 2002 HiLux crew cab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You may find you can not "un-armor" a vehicle. In the LCs the glass is different and the doors have to be modded to hold the glass. They also may have cut the inside of the doors out to accommodate the up-armored panels. I have never seen an up armored Surf so I don't know. We had up-armored 200s in the Philippines and they were SUPER heavy. We also had some Ford Econoline vans and Suburbans and such. All the mods were a little different. But regardless, you had to give yourself some extra stopping distance!

You may find you can not "un-armor" a vehicle. In the LCs the glass is different and the doors have to be modded to hold the glass. They also may have cut the inside of the doors out to accommodate the up-armored panels. I have never seen an up armored Surf so I don't know. We had up-armored 200s in the Philippines and they were SUPER heavy. We also had some Ford Econoline vans and Suburbans and such. All the mods were a little different. But regardless, you had to give yourself some extra stopping distance!

Will do! It’s sort of a tractor tho so slow lane for me. The glass in this is just glass. PO said the rear glass may have been ballistic but was opaque from maybe sun damage. Replaced it with factory glass. I’m glad the windows roll down for sure, and I like that they are manual over electric for an older truck. I like it the way it is for having a story but I suppose changing the doors to stock is an option if someone wanted to.

I bet an armored 200 or Suburban were beasts to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom