Washer Motor works, but no Spray!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My reservoir has fluid, my motor works, my spray tips are clean, but all of sudden I can't get anything to spray. No leaks in my lines anywhere I can see. What the hell could be wrong? I had a very strong flow, and then it started dribbling water one day, and then nothing came out. Been like this for over a month.

I thought they were clogged, but I cleaned and checked them with a needle. Plus, the odds of all tips being clogged is slim considering they were all spraying with very good pressure. Motor sounds strong and seems to be working fine - What could it be?

Thanks for the help! I have an 89 FJ62 with 180K.

Been there, done that.

Basically, remove resevoir on front right side of engine bay.

Pull motor out of resevoir (pressed in place via rubber grommet).

Tear down pump from motor by bending up three metal tabs.

Remove gear pump, note plastic screen that protects gears of pump.

Clean screen.

Reassemble pump to motor.

Test to make sure its moving fluid.

reinstall into resevoir

put resevoir back in vehicle.

Your in business (hopefully).

Been there, done that.

Basically, remove resevoir on front right side of engine bay.

Pull motor out of resevoir (pressed in place via rubber grommet).

Tear down pump from motor by bending up three metal tabs.

Remove gear pump, note plastic screen that protects gears of pump.

Clean screen.

Reassemble pump to motor.

Test to make sure its moving fluid.

reinstall into resevoir

put resevoir back in vehicle.

Your in business (hopefully).

Yeah, what he said. I did the same thing but the only thing I might suggest is to run a little Silicone RTV around the grommet before re-installing.

Mine leaked after removing it...old age I guess.

Mine always plugs at the nozzles when I pull the hose I get water flow but nothing comes out of the metal nozzles till I blow them clear with an air hose.... could be from crud coming out of the resevoir the holes on the nozzles are tiny and plug up very easy.

Good advice, thank you! I think it could be a blocked screen - I'm going to check that out and see what comes of it.

If above suggestions don't work, try disconnecting the hose at the spray nozzle and at the pump and see if you can blow through the line. I think my line was pinched somewhere and I was able to fix mine by blowing compressed air through.

Good luck,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom