Washer Fluid Sprayer, Rear not working. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
new to me 80. Rear window washer fluid sprayer not working. There is a pump beneath the washer fluid bin that I guess is what sprays the windshield. Then there is this other sprayer here. The bottom of the sprayer has a tub that looks like it feeds the rear. top and side ports are just looped into each other. From the steering wheel switch when I spray the rear window it actually activates the windshield sprayers. Push button on the end of the stalk and it also sprays the windshield. Something can't be right here. Any one have any experience with this?

IMG-1451.jpg

new to me 80. Rear window washer fluid sprayer not working. There is a pump beneath the washer fluid bin that I guess is what sprays the windshield. Then there is this other sprayer here. The bottom of the sprayer has a tub that looks like it feeds the rear. top and side ports are just looped into each other. From the steering wheel switch when I spray the rear window it actually activates the windshield sprayers. Push button on the end of the stalk and it also sprays the windshield. Something can't be right here. Any one have any experience with this?

View attachment 2928038
Search washer diverter. Its the likely culprit.

Diverter, as @retlaw said.

Search washer diverter. Its the likely culprit.
@JohnVee @retlaw Thank you. Found that thread and then proceeded to look at some exploded view parts diagrams. Looks like the PO had bypassed the diverter and gone straight to the hood sprayers. Was able to get the hoses routed where they should be and everything works as it should.

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom