Was RS3000 security a standard option in 1997? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
I recently purchased a 97 40th Anniversary Fzj80. I have been trying to sort everything out.

I decided I wanted to activate a FOB for keyless entry. I looked under the seat for the rs3000 box but there was nothing there. Nor is there a security light on the dash. I thought maybe the PO had removed it all but now I'm wondering if it never came on the truck from the factory.

I bought a new box and security light from a fellow mudder with the assumption that I could just put the stuff in. But now I don't even see a connector under the seat for the ECU.

What an I missing? Did some trucks not come with the security and not even the harness?

Thanks again

In 1997, the RS3000 was a $695 option. It did not come as standard equipment.

Ok thanks. Bummer. I'm surprised that the harness and plug isn't even there. Oh well.

There should be a long harness with the alarm control module. Mine had about 8 plugs to it that routed under the carpet, over to the kickpanel, then up under the dash and into the A-pillar.

I ripped mine out because it decided to go tits up on me at a most inopportune time. I never used it nor had a FOB for it and it decided it wanted to play one night.

The harness comes with the unit, the plugs are
nvrmnd BILT4ME was quicker on the trigger.

This is what the whole package looks like when it is removed. I pulled mine out earlier this year and have no plans for it. I had no fobs, but all the parts are there. PM me if you have any interest in it.

ADA6FF66-B31D-4F41-B580-D8CCB396269C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom