Warning-Fraud Attempt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

40Man

SILVER Star
Threads
I am trying to buy seat tracks for a 79+ FJ40. A brand new user (john432) recommended I reach out to a non-member by email to get them. It was clearly fraud. Here is the last email, trying me to gift money to the purported seller's girlfriend:

She only accept PayPal payment through gift because that's the only way i could get the money fast and get it ship to you without no delay of form. Here's her PayPal email address gloriakelly605@yahoo.com. Let me know as soon as your done with the payment. I'd confirm and i would be going for shipping and send you tracking when i am done.

He also refused to send pictures. I reported this member, but guess this may be a recurring attempt.

I’m not sure it’s a scam since we have vendors and members who openly try and do business this way. Personally I would just stay away from anyone who requests payment friends and family unless of course they are.

I’m not sure it’s a scam since we have vendors and members who openly try and do business this way. Personally I would just stay away from anyone who requests payment friends and family unless of course they are.

LOL, read what the guy wrote. Major scent of fraud. I won't use F&F through Paypal, but will cover the Paypal fee. This guy is clearly a scammer. Just trying to warn people to be careful. I am sure they'll try again.

Maybe I’m missing something. I don’t see anywhere the sellers refuses to send pictures. So it’s no different than the hundreds of sales we see on this forum with folks requesting FF for payment. Maybe link the whole conversation and it will look more fishy. As it stands it’s no different than a Vendor requesting friends and family on this forum.

O and don’t trust all vendors if you look down about two threads we have a vendor who played the FF game and the member had to out them to get their cash back.

Cheers,

Maybe I’m missing something. I don’t see anywhere the sellers refuses to send pictures. So it’s no different than the hundreds of sales we see on this forum with folks requesting FF for payment. Maybe link the whole conversation and it will look more fishy. As it stands it’s no different than a Vendor requesting friends and family on this forum.

O and don’t trust all vendors if you look down about two threads we have a vendor who played the FF game and the member had to out them to get their cash back.

Cheers,

It was a separate e-mail where he refused shipping.
His syntax is what raises red flags. Sounds like every scam e-mail I have ever seen. I also offered to cover the PP fees and he refused. Needed f&f cash "because that's the only way i could get the money fast and get it ship to you without no delay of form."

Paying w CC gets money in a PP account instantly.

Glad to see a moderator deleted the guy's account. Obviously use common sense, and be extra careful with new Mud users.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom