WARNING!! Bad temp sending units out there! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dozer18

SILVER Star
Threads
Folks,

I recently went through some bad overheating problems that turned out to be a false alarm. Replaced my TSU with a non-OEM part that I got from an online vendor at the same time I ordered a new water pump, belts, and hoses (all of that was OEM; vendor did not carry OEM TSU). After replacing all of that, the truck was running much hotter according to the fuel gauge (just below the white line prior to getting in the red). :confused:

After reading a few posts from users who had gotten bad TSU's from this same vendor, I went to my Toyota dealer and got an OEM part. Replaced it today, and the truck is running at the perfect temp. Crisis averted.:D

If you're looking to buy that part, go with OEM as we should be for everything else. PM me if you want to know who the vendor was. Hope this helps someone else avoid the same headache I went through!:cheers:

(I'll be notifying the vendor this week; could just be a bad batch they got)

"After replacing all of that, the truck was running much hotter according to the fuel gauge (just below the white line prior to getting in the red). :confused:"

Dozer, How can you tell if it running hot by the fuel guage? I guessing it was a typo.

Dynosoar :zilla:

Yes, definitely a typo. I meant to say temp gauge.

As I'm still new here, I wasn't sure if it was cool to call out the vendor by name, as I think they're fairly popular and I've gotten other good parts from them. What do you think?

You might as well say who it is. Most of us know who you are talking about anyway. This will also give the company a chance to defend itself, if it wants to. The bottom line is "caveat emptor" (Latin for "Let the buyer beware") OEM Toyota parts are built to very high standards and are ment to last nearly a lifetime. The small amount of money you save buying non OEM parts will be lost by having to buy them again later, or a OEM part later.

just my 2 cents

Dynosoar :zilla:

Is this the same thing that makes my check eng light come on when the engine gets warm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom