Warn zeon 10s fitted to ARB bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.landcruiserdc.com
Couldn’t find a definitive answer searching and Slee has never installed one... so has anyone installed a Warn zeon 10-S in your ARB winch bumper? If so did you need the ARB spacer kit or any other tips? Thanks!

Don’t recall anyone installing one but a bunch of various winch makes and models have been squeezed behind the ARBs. Here are the zeon 10 dimensions for reference.

49F346C1-C8CE-4464-A634-0DD72C0D9E8C.jpeg

Not the same winch but I have a Warn VR 10 and I needed almost an inch of spacers. It is a super tight fit in the ARB.

Not the same winch but I have a Warn VR 10 and I needed almost an inch of spacers. It is a super tight fit in the ARB.
I ended up ordering the VR10-S today. What spacers did you use? I ordered the ARB spacer kit as well.

I ended up ordering the VR10-S today. What spacers did you use? I ordered the ARB spacer kit as well.
I actually just made my own spacers. Just got 1/4" thick 1" wide steel strips and cut a few squares. Drilled a hole in the middle and called it a day.
I will post pictures as soon as I can. Don't forget to buy longer bolts as well. I used 10.9 class M10-1.5x70mm but they were a tiny bit too long. 60mm would've been better I think.

I actually just made my own spacers. Just got 1/4" thick 1" wide steel strips and cut a few squares. Drilled a hole in the middle and called it a day.
I will post pictures as soon as I can. Don't forget to buy longer bolts as well. I used 10.9 class M10-1.5x70mm but they were a tiny bit too long. 60mm would've been better I think.
Thanks appreciate it! Good call on bolts... post some pics when you can.

Thanks appreciate it! Good call on bolts... post some pics when you can.
I remember cutting down my 70mm bolts at least 10mm so I think 55mm or 60mm is the way to go.

Not the best looking spacers in the world but they work! Painted them black so they don’t rust. You can’t see them anyway from the front.

And you can see the winch barely fits in there. I ended up filing down the plastic on the top of the winch controller a bit as it was touching the body, and I didn’t want to relocate it.
BBC9A5D3-A788-47C7-9765-C83E008B5875.jpeg
C893C837-07CD-498D-8091-50901D29D272.jpeg

Thanks for the pics! Hopefully I can tackle it in the next couple of weeks.

I have a zeon 12 behind my arb bumper with extension wires taking the contactor up by the second battery. I had to use a lot of spacers. I remember depleting my junk metal pile and buying commercial ones on amazon.

I have a zeon 12 behind my arb bumper with extension wires taking the contactor up by the second battery. I had to use a lot of spacers. I remember depleting my junk metal pile and buying commercial ones on amazon.
Thanks... wondering if I should get the M8000s and call it day now... LOL

Thanks... wondering if I should get the M8000s and call it day now... LOL
Might be the move honestly. IIRC the M8000 fits with no spacers or any other funny business.

If you hardly use the winch, 8000lbs is probably enough. The VR-10 EVO was on sale when I need a winch so I bought that. If I knew how difficult it would have been to fit it I probably would have gotten something else lol. Not saying it's a bad winch, or that it isn't compatible, or anything negative really. Just would have preferred a winch that simply bolts on.

For what it's worth, I've had 2 winches in my life. Had a Smittybilt XRC 9500lbs on a Land Rover Discovery that I had before the 80 and the Warn VR-10 EVO on my 80. I have never used either. Just nice to have in case I mess up. So I think for me at least, a 10k lbs Warn is overkill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom