Warn XD9000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is what I use on my two 8274’s: Anderson PP 180 Connectors.

Have had them for maybe 5 years with many long, hard & heavy pulls. Never any issues.

41F7AB4A-8BA5-48B5-AB86-C619A2813DC0.jpeg

9E6D182E-9B85-4A75-B6F5-0372DDD10AEC.jpeg

Anderson connector just on positive cable or on both positive and negative cables?

I chose to only use the Anderson PP on the positive side.

I got this whole idea from @Cruiserdrew who I believe used the Anderson’s on both the pos & neg. Either way makes it safer than keeping the winch hooked up all of the time.

I chose to only use the Anderson PP on the positive side.

I got this whole idea from @Cruiserdrew who I believe used the Anderson’s on both the pos & neg. Either way makes it safer than keeping the winch hooked up all of the time.

Ha-thanks for the mention. That's exactly what I do. Winch is dead in normal life. Only when I go off road do I connect the Anderson SB connector. Dead simple, safe, works. I connect when airing down tires.

^^^
Yep, me too. Not connected until I’m out wheeling. Very safe.

^^^
Yep, me too. Not connected until I’m out wheeling. Very safe.
Still haven't found a place to buy those Anderson Power Poles North of the border which is closed. I can get them online, but shipping has been very slow and adds to the cost. I'm not sure how I can crimp them correctly without a very solid crimping tool, which a sales place might have. Did you John McVicker or Cuiserdrew crimp these things at home?

Got some Anderson 180 power poles this week. 2 red and 2 black. Not completely sure yet on where I will run the cables. Any reason not to run both positive and negative through the same whole in the front clip? And maybe mount the Anderson Plugs right beside each other? Just a bit short of space now with two batteries under the hood. @Cruiserdrew got a photo of yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom