Warn XD on the FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.w2m.com
Anyone mount the W XD9000 on the fj40..

Buddy did, now having cable rub issues.

Wondering how yours is mounted.

Last edited:
I have one mounted on a 78 40. I used a mounting plate from rocky mountain cruisers, generic and I had to drill new holes in the frame. Mounted in the normal spot in front of bib with the cables going under the passenger side of bib to the battery. I used some 1.5 inch dia heater hose to cover both cables up to where they meet the batteries. Just split it lengthwise and zip tied around cables. No problems after 3 years. Bill

BIll,
thx, my buddy mounted and drilled the holes to far back....the fairlead sits above the bumper and behind it...so, the cable when winching down slightly will rub on the top of the bumper...If he pulls streight out it is fine.....

Can you take some pics of yours, maybe he needs to move it forward, no way for him to move it down to utilize a slotted bumper...

I told him to buy an 8274...no listed.

Hi All:

Man-A-Fre sells a winch mount plate designed for the Warn low mount winches:

http://www.man-a-fre.com/parts_accessories/WinchmountWarnMXSeries4055 Bumper.htm

I purchased an earlier, three-piece version of this plate mount in 1998 and it bolts right onto the factory holes on the front frame rails (where the tow hooks mount.)

No issues with rollar fairlead clearance.

Regards,

Alan
Seattle

Last edited:
you might try CCOT they have the mount plate that i used and its under $100.00 the last time i checked. it bolts to the factory hole's in the frame and is pretty stout!

good luck!

Only isue with CCOT's is it wont clear a saginaw power steering conversion, if you need a plate that clears the ps pump man-a-fre sells a great plate elevated to clear the ps box for $150. A little pricey, but well made.

Hi All:

A thought would be to test mount the CCOT winch mount, then fab-up some spacers of the appropiate thickness for the mounting hardware from plate steel, then use longer Grade 8 bolts.

Regards,

Alan
Seattle

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"FMan" wrote:

Only isue with CCOT's is it wont clear a saginaw power steering conversion, if you need a plate that clears the ps pump man-a-fre sells a great plate elevated to clear the ps box for $150. A little pricey, but well made.

That would probably do the job, the man-a-fre plate is damn well made. The spacers wont be as strong as there plate, but I am sure it would do the job.

Good luck .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom