Warn winches - surprising story (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In the instructions for my Warn M12k it said that before using it you must unwind it all and wind it up again under tension using a hill or by light brake application if a hill is not avialable.

I may have to test the Warn service. My M12k had started very intermittenly not working, almost like a loose connection and after a heavy day of winching it quit. I've isolated the problem to the motor using jumper cables, so next chance I get I have to pull my bumper and check it out.

Check to see if that unit has a thermal switch in it, might be it's overheating or the switch is not working properly. Also, depending on how many water crossings you have on that thing there is a chance crap got inside and the motor may need cleaning. If that's the case let me know as I may be able to lessen the headache of rebuilding one.

Yesterday a UPS truck showed up at my place with a brand new shiny cable ready for the install - it even came with the little screw for attaching it to the drum - These guys rock! 1 week went by and I had it fixed. I will highly recommend Warn, their customer support is worth the extra $. I will of course still wait till the stuff goes on sale before I buy it.

Check to see if that unit has a thermal switch in it, might be it's overheating or the switch is not working properly. Also, depending on how many water crossings you have on that thing there is a chance crap got inside and the motor may need cleaning. If that's the case let me know as I may be able to lessen the headache of rebuilding one.

Thanks, when I finally get to it you may here from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom