Warn Winch Install w/ ARB Bull Bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.overlandbound.com
I've created a Warn winch install tutorial. I need to copy it to this site, but for now you can see it here and its the 2nd story down:

Warn Winch Install

Let me know if you have any questions about the install and enjoy!

WinchInstall_01.jpg

Last edited:
Couple of notes I would add since i just had to pull mine off and turn it right side up. The PO installed it upside down. Hook the ground up first before installing the winch. It is easier than trying to install it with the winch installed and hanging loose. I replaced the hardware with socket head cap screws to further deter theft attempts. I am going to change them out to button head socket heads in the future to remedy the Vice Grip solution. So you may start with that to begin with. I also changed the rear hardware to some 3/8s fine thread lock nuts. I use a file to take off the corner on one side so it would sit flush inside the winch body. That allows a much more secure mounting than the lock washers. Also I put some grease on the outer rollers to help keep the free rolling. Mine seemed to be a little bound up after sitting outside after a couple of years.

I was just asking for this! Now I know I'm missing some bits as I don't have the mounting plate for the control box. Nice website. Thanks for the write up.

nice writeup. i used a cherry picker to install my winch. i wouldn't trust wire holding mine, but i'm pretty sure my m15000 weighs a bit more. since i'm running synthetic rope, it was a lot easier since the fairlead is more compact and not squared, you can start all the bolts for the winch and just remove the ones you need to mount the fairlead when the time comes.

Great tips

All great tips everyone. Thanks! I think this is a good thread for those considering a winch install since I didn't find one similiar. Any more tips on anti-theft? How about pics of your install? @ Mickeyt, the Ironman looks like a really good unit, but i don't have any experience with it. It looks great.

I really like that Tuffy bolt lock. I'm going to get one. There is really no way to unbolt the winch from behind so that will work great. Thanks!

Is there an updated link for this that works?

Also, I found the "directions" included with the bumper. Is that all ARB provides? I just paid this much for their stuff and they can't even do directions with pictures that make sense??? I did not find anything on their site for directions either. I can figure it out, but wow...

hey mate that link you have isnt working anymore is there another link i can go to?

cheers

I realize this is an old post, but is your tutorial still up? if so what is the link to view it? i have an ARB bull bar and just bought a Warn 9.5cti winch and have no idea how to mount it. any help would be greatly appreciated

Why didn't you position the fairlead under the top lip of the bumper, use the long bolts, and redrill the lower holes in the fairlead like you are supposed to do?

I went back and looked over your post again, and I see that you installed a M8000, and I was thinking it was an M12000. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how the fairlead properly covers the hole cut in the bumper without drilling holes and moving it up about an inch or so.

I went back and looked over your post again, and I see that you installed a M8000, and I was thinking it was an M12000. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how the fairlead properly covers the hole cut in the bumper without drilling holes and moving it up about an inch or so.

Sorry guys, I feel like I dropped the ball on this post. I didn't see the notification in my in-box for some reason.

ThunderRolls, did you get your question answered? I'm glad to take more detailed pics. The unit has been in service for a while now performing admirably. It was a direct install without need for modification.

M

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom