Warn Warning. Service Kit. (sort of funny) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

you’ll soon have put in as much time as it would have taken to find new birf outters and switched to asin hubs! that sucks when a two hour job turns into a two week job. hope the next gaskets work for you!

Just thought I’d wrap up this lengthy post with a pic of the proper gaskets that finally arrived. They fit good as they should. Wish I could post some info on why I got two kits with the wrong gaskets but the guy at Warn seemed to shrug it off and was only concerned with getting me the right ones, so I'm grateful for that. Finally, I can close up my hubs.

28781 E.jpg

I know it's a bit late, but a few years ago I tried a trick I read about. I coated the gasket surfaces with anti-seize. Keeps the gaskets from sticking and I have not had any water penetration. I have only torn one gasket since going with this method.

I know it's a bit late, but a few years ago I tried a trick I read about. I coated the gasket surfaces with anti-seize. Keeps the gaskets from sticking and I have not had any water penetration. I have only torn one gasket since going with this method.

Thanks for the tip. But the last gaskets did have it on them. If I'd of been a little more careful I could of re-used them but they really are dainty little suckers and I thought I had a spares anyway and if I didn't I could just buy a bunch like I usually do for gaskets. I'm a huge fan of never-sieze & hate gasket sealer. I have no sealer but use never-seez only almost all gaskets such as diff covers, side cover, timing plate & timing cover ect. Only three places I can think of where I use sealer is on the end humps of the oil pan gasket, one side of the valve cover gasket, and between the water pump and it's back plate, If I ever had problems with leaks I'd change. But I don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom