Warn solenoid wiring question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

iptman

SILVER Star
Threads
243134d1146585900-warn-winch-wiring-warn-wiring-diagram-2.jpg

Does someone know if any of the small terminals on any of the solenoids are hot regardless of in/out spool? I'm trying to wire up my dual battery isolator's start isolation switch to both the starter kicking in or if the winch is in use. I don't want to risk 470 amps being sent through 6 gauge wire to a 120a battery isolator. I'm using a Blue Sea ACR-SI and 4-way switch in my setup. I guess if any of these terminals are hot when the winch itself has power that would be the best option. Then the isolator wouldn't have to beat out the in/out switch on the remote to disconnection the batteries.

The small wires run the solenoids, so they are only hot when the in/out switch is energized.

The actual current flowing in a circuit is determined by the resistance of the circuit and the voltage, so there is no issue tapping in to the motor winding terminals to trip the isolator.

The small wires run the solenoids, so they are only hot when the in/out switch is energized.

The actual current flowing in a circuit is determined by the resistance of the circuit and the voltage, so there is no issue tapping in to the motor winding terminals to trip the isolator.

Thanks for the info. So that means I could actually connect a lead from the 4-way battery switch output terminal and connect that to the start isolation terminal on the isolator to trigger the disconnect.

Not sure what you mean by 4 way battery switch, but F1 and F2 are hot only when the winch motor is running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom