Warn Hubs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I"m doing a disc brake conversion and bought new WARN hubs (Too hard to get Aisins for a good price).I have to get the nut and lock washers. So, my question is, do these Warn hubs use the cone washers to bolt on to the hub or is it just washers and nuts? Toyota wanted $107.00 to buy all 12. That to me is BS.Please help me out. Thanks.

I just ditched my Warns for AISINs when I converted to discs. They had tab washers (or staked washers) on the body where it mounts to the hub. I'd offer you my tab washers, but most of them split/disintegrated when I unbent them for removal. Not sure what type of disc conversion you're doing, but if you're going to fine-spline axles, AISINs shouldn't be that hard to source for cheap - Pull them off a junked 60-series, or virtually any other post-76 Toyota with manual hubs. Another option (I think) are Suzuki Samurais - pretty sure they ran the same hubs, but don't quote me on that...

Warns aren't terrible hubs though, unless you're really planning on heavy crawling...

You can buy a Warn 'rebuild kit' for those hubs - I think they are a model 289 hub. It includes new tabbed washers and new lock washers and paper gaskets. The kits are $30 at your Warn dealer and I think SOR sells them. Search on Amazon for this:
WARN 29061 External Mount Hub Service Kit

There is nothing wrong with those old-style Warn hubs (now sold as 'premium hubs'). They do stick out further than Aisin hubs, but they are stout and reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom