Warn HS9500 and ARB Front Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First off, is the HS9500 big enough?

Next, will it work with the ARB bumper?

[quote author=eight-oh link=board=2;threadid=6374;start=msg51456#msg51456 date=1066282904]
First off, is the HS9500 big enough?

Next, will it work with the ARB bumper?
[/quote]

Prolly not.
See above.

Get a 12000 and be done.

Do it right the first time (1200) or don't do it. Saves $$$ in the long run.

-Matt

[quote author=80and100cruisers link=board=2;threadid=6374;start=msg51475#msg51475 date=1066291151]
Do it right the first time (1200) or don't do it. Saves $$$ in the long run.
-Matt
[/quote]

I already own the HS9500.

Can anyone say for certain if the 9500 will or will not work with the ARB bumper?

Does anyone have experience with this size of winch on their FZJ80?

I've got a Superwinch 9k on my 80 (PO's decision, not mine). It's okay for pulling out stuck rigs, etc., but I'd want something like the Warn 12k if I were using it for serious off-road applications.

Don't know about fit, but somehow I doubt it because of the integrated soleniod; however, the factory winch on an 80 series is a 9000 # Superwinch. I'm sure this is fine for simple self recovery. As has been mentioned, I don't think it's what you want for serious wheeling, but it'll do, and it's better than nothing.

(I have a Ramsey 8K on mine, and with a snatch block, am not worried about being able to get the 80 unstuck if necessary.)

That being said, I'd like to go with a 12K up front and move the 8K to the rear at some point...

-H-

Mine doesnt have the integrated solenoid.

Here it is....
HS9500.jpg

As long as the hole pattern is the same as a M12000, it should fit I'd suspect. That bumper is quite roomy! That winch does haul ass though, even after you release the switch, the inertia keeps it moving.

I cannot get my HS 9500 to line up with the holes on my ARB because the motor is too long. Is it common to shim between the bumper and the winch?

[quote author=Tenncrusher link=board=2;threadid=6374;start=msg53678#msg53678 date=1066832298]
I cannot get my HS 9500 to line up with the holes on my ARB because the motor is too long. Is it common to shim between the bumper and the winch?[/quote]

It's not common, because most 80 owners have the Warn 12k. :flipoff2:

If you have to shim with some flat stock, it's not big deal.

I actually have the x8000i (integrated sol. style) mounted in my bullbar. It is mounted lying down on it's back. I only used this setup because the vehicle came with it. If I were to buy a new one, I would definately go with 12k. The one I have works great to pull my buddies jeeps, but it strains quite a bit with my 6,300lb cruiser. I will get a 12k soon.

Figured out that the HS 9500 needs a 1 inch shim to make it work. It needs more room in the bumper because of the long motor.

[quote author=bjowett link=board=2;threadid=6374;start=msg53913#msg53913 date=1066860385]
The Supa winch is betta. 1/2 - 1/3 street price of a Warn 12k, 11,900 stall. Reliable. If you want to blow the extra cash, go for it. :beer: [/quote]
wrong.gif

[move][glow=red,2,300]CONGRATULATIONS! You have won the boner comment of the day award[/glow][/move]

Have you ever used your X9? Have you ever taken off the selenoid cover or the motor out? It is a piece of roo crap dude. I know because I have one in the rear of my truck, which is proper because it's quality looks like it fell out of the rear. It's more than 50% of the Warn 12k or you're not shopping in the right places. :flipoff2: My last Warn 12k was picked up for $925 with no shipping :flipoff2:

You'll find out how much it blows the first time you really need it. Oh, and btw, if you haven't used it in a while, then you'd better check it still works 'cause they use the cheapest selenoids known to man. :flipoff2: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

I had to shim one inch to get the HS 9500 in the bumper. It will do the job for what I need out of the winch. I had two shims made at a machine shop which work well. Now I have to find a good place to mount the solenoid. I was thinking about the grill. Does anyone else have any suggetions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom