WARN Birfield eliminator kit... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone used this? Anybody know someone thats used it? Lookin for feedback before I buy Longfields. THanks! :cool:

buy Longfields :D

Goeblers has it installed in his rig...hates it....thoroughly....wishes the Longfield option was available a few years ago so he would have saved his money on something that actually works as advertised....

The Yellow truck had it when it went to the Hills....until Saturday night.

Then an axle shaft was eliminated, and the kit was removed and replaced with 30 spline longs that were flown in. Ran the rest of the week without issues.( thanks Denny and Mr. Long! )

I personally, would not invest any money in a Warn or any other fing birfield eliminator other than a Dana 60....but that is just me.

Good luck!

-Steve

Well that takes care of that! Longfields it is

Cat Scan said:
Can you let us know where you get them and how the installation goes once completed?

This is the only place that you get them from....

http://www.longfieldsuperaxles.com/

The installation is just like taking out the old ones, packing the new ones with Moly, and installing.

Done deal.

No Biggie.

Good luck!

-Steve

One nice thing that I forgot to mention....

The 30 spline super set comes with new inners, and snap rings.

The inner bearing/race piece in the fing birf that the axle shaft slides into has the area around the splines tapered just a bit so that you do not have to screw around with trying to compress the snap ring while sliding the axle in, it seemed to self-align, and they slid right in with a slight tap..

Tim is happy with them. We were just out last weekend at a place where he had broken a Warn axle before going to the Hills, and did not have any issues. They seem to be working great for him. There is one other truck that has the Warn kit in it that I service and wheel with, and I will not replace another Warn axle in that truck. It will be removed and replaced with 30 spline Longs when it fails.

:beer:

This is one subject where I am still very ignorant in...I have a 68 fj40 with drums. What spline size does my 40 have...also how do you determine when the birfields need replacement, and do you have to order the axle too or can you just do the birfs? Thanks Chuck

This is one subject where I am still very ignorant in...I have a 68 fj40 with drums. What spline size does my 40 have...also how do you determine when the birfields need replacement, and do you have to order the axle too or can you just do the birfs? Thanks Chuck

You should have Course splined birfs. You could send yours in to have them cryo'd this would be the cheapes option. This would increases the strength, but not be as strong as longs. You know they need to be replaced when they break. I have removed a cracked, but not broken one this is unusual though because they usualy explode.

CruisinTiger said:

well if its stock it will have ball and claw but thats all i know

Ball and claw, ten spline.

I had the Warns POS in my truck for one day wheeling, broke big time, f'd both axles on the side that broke, it now has the 4 piece set of 27 spline Long's as the 30's were not out yet, have had no problems since........

Vortec_Cruiser said:
Can the Longfield directly replace the Warn axle, without replacing the Warn hub & spindle?

No.

You will need to ditch the Warn stuff and go back to Toyota.

Good luck!

-Steve

Ed,
Just a reminder...Bobby also makes a 27spline super-set.

If woody hasn't broken one, what makes you think you will?

Rubicon tested :D
manny

Why do something more than once?

Brain has broken stock inners...

Install the good stuff, and be done with it the FIRST time.

Good luck!

-Steve

woody said:
Brian who?

I thought you had said before that you had twisted off a stock inner?

In any case I know many others who have....Fryman has, Kado has in his buggy, just before the Hills...Kado installed the 30 spline set and has been beating on them, and seems to be taking it. There are a couple people at Dresser this last year that twisted off inners right at the fing birf...

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom