Warn 8274 for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 8724 that I aquired from a friend of mine to re-wire, and I don't need it anymore. Sadly, I did not get a chance to rebuild it. It does not have a cable, nor remote. I also don't know if all the parts are there or not. I would like $300 obo+shipping from 38016, unless someone would like to pick it up near Memphis, TN.

I will take offers as they come. I will try to post some pics within the next couple of days or so. If no one is interested, I guess I will have to put it on good ole ebay and see what she does.

Thanks,
Adam
aandrmc@bellsouth.net :D

If it is in good working shape and only missing minor parts, I will take it. Send me some pictures so that I can see what is missing.

I will try to take a couple of pics tonight, but if not it will be tomorrow.

I haven't seen it work, and don't know if it does. :(

Thanks

Throw me on the list.

I took a few pics of the winch tonight. The main one didn't come out at all :-\. I will post the two I do have, and try to work the kinks out of my camera tomorrow.

Sorry

Thanks for the pics. Looks pretty decent from what I can see.
A couple of questions:
Does it have the cover for the solenoid assembly?
Is the remote plug on the front or the side?
Are the mounting tabs intact and the bolt holes good?
Did you try hot wiring it to see if the motor runs? You run the negative to motor case, the positive to F1 and F2 to to the armature lug (on the right). To reverse, put the positive on F2 and jump between F1 and the armature lug.

Thanks

I will try that tonight. No, it does not have the cover. I will have to check to see which side the remote plugs into.

Adam

I was offered $400 locally, but since I posted it on this site and you guys replied, I will give ya'll first dibs. If anyone wants to meet this offer I will gladly sell it to the first in line. I posted some pics from this afternoon and also hot wired it to the battery and it WORKS! A guy at work is willing to give me $400 for it(which means not having to ship this heavy SOB), but I will give ya'll a chance to get it if you want it. I told him I would post back on the site and wait a couple of days to see what happens.

Sorry....
Adam

The original price was $300 OBO, and the OBO was $400. Would you pass it up if you were me? I was just giving everyone that posted an opportunity to aquire it if they still wanted it. I am not trying to be an a$$ or anything like that.

[quote author=mcfj40 link=board=5;threadid=5306;start=msg42584#msg42584 date=1063906689]
The original price was $300 OBO, and the OBO was $400. Would you pass it up if you were me? I was just giving everyone that posted an opportunity to aquire it if they still wanted it. I am not trying to be an a$$ or anything like that.
[/quote]

You offered it for $300 and Pin_Head said he'd take it, as long as it works. Sounded like a done deal to me. :-[

OBO means OR BEST OFFER. My best offer so far is $400. You cannot honestly say you would pass up $100 more dollars plus not having to crate it up. I was putting it for $300obo because I know for a fact it is worth that. If someone on the message board would have offered $400 for it I would take that offer as well. I am trying to make money for parts to restore my cruiser(AND EVERYONE KNOWS HOW EXPENSIVE THAT IS), not piss people off. I am just taking the best offer.

Well, we're seeing it differently you and I.

I'm not pissed, just a little mystified. My limited experience with forums like this is that the responses to a For Sale ad generally constitute a hierarchy. First come first serve.

If I say you can have it for $300 and you tell me you'll take it, I consider the deal done, unless you don't come through with the cash or default for some other reason. It you do, then I go to the next firm offer ($400 in your case).

And yep indeed, I can honestly say I would sell to the first offer that meets my asking price. If I later got a better offer I might wear a Kick Me sign for awhile, and wish I would have asked more, but it beats going back on my word.

Still, in the end, it's your winch and your sale. More power to ya.

[quote author=mcfj40 link=board=5;threadid=5306;start=msg41595#msg41595 date=1063683247]

I will take offers as they come.
[/quote]

I took the offers as they came, and I was waiting for the best offer which happened to be $400. I could see where you were coming from if I said "first come, first serve", but I specificly said "or best offer". I am sorry there we don't see eye to eye. I love this site and get alot of useful information and hate to think I am pissing in the cereal bowl. I didn't mean to upset anyone.

No Hard Feelings??? ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom