eBay "warmachine" custom fj40 landcruiser no reserve!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NO RESERVE!!!!!!
Bid Starting at $14,500

WARMACHINE

This is a very nice, solid and clean 1974 FJ40 Land Cruiser. I am the second owner and have had it for about 15 years. I started on a frame off “Build” about 5 years ago. During that time I bought a house, got married, had a daughter, etc…..and now I must sell it to pay bills, SAD……….

I finally completed it a few months ago and have been enjoying it as much as I can before it goes. It is a blast to run around in and it gets looks everywhere it goes, people are always coming up to me asking questions about it. It has always been garaged am pretty proud of the paint, color combination and just how clean it is inside and out.

This Cruiser was restored and modified with a close eye and has absolutely no filler or body work to surprise you later. It has the Aqualu GEN 2 aluminum tub, firewall back. The running boards are also aluminum and the front fenders are brand new steel fenders from CCOT. Everything else was sandblasted and taken down to fresh clean metal before prep and paint. I have also coated every inch of the frame and related areas (mounts, brackets, etc…) with multiple coats of protective paint/coating.

I did a SOA, which gives it about a 6” lift, also stretched the wheel base by re-locating the rear end back about 8” from stock. It has brand new 36X17” IROKS and brand new Pro Comp 5000 shocks and Pro Comp steering stabilizer. Believe me; you will be surprised when you see how nice it rides.

I installed a 1988 low mile (~74,000) Chevy 350 with great compression and replaced all seals, gaskets and accessories. The motor has an Edelbrock aluminum intake as well as an electric choke Carter 600 CFM carburetor. I have installed a new GM power steering box (4:1 ratio) and new pump/lines for power steering and gusseted/plated the frame with 3/8 steel around the box to prevent any stresses that may be caused by big tires, off-roading, etc….

The transmission is Stock 3 Speed (early ’74). This was to be temporary until I installed a 700 R4 automatic, but never have found the time. The transfer case has been modified to have a 4th selection of 2 low. You can also be confident that you can run it all day long comfortably on the highway at 70-75mph and have no problems.

This is an absolutely solid and clean FJ40 for the money and I think I am offering it at a very fair price to start with and will not have a reserve, so it will go to the highest bidder. Also, I can’t stress enough Please only serious bidders!! I can’t afford another 2 to 3 weeks of waiting on someone just to have the person back out at the last minute. I guess I am just trying to say, “Know what you are bidding on”. It is a very clean vehicle, runs great, really quick/lots of torque and fun to drive while cruising on the highway or destroying people on the trails.

There is a ton of things done, but instead of just going on and on just read down through the list below and let me know if you have any specific questions. I will happy to get back to you as soon as I can. You can also stop by and check it out if you are local, just email me.

Also, there are 2 pics with the hood in DP90 black primer, as well as the vent doors and some other misc items. These pics were taken before I completed the paint and some other details but I wanted to show some of the pics with the soft top installed.

Engine
-Chevy 350 4 bolt main (~74,000 miles)
-Edelbrock aluminum intake
-Carter 600 carburetor with electric choke
-Aftermarket throttle cable (not linkage)
-New water pump
-New power steering pump
-All new seals/gaskets
-All new lines, belts, wiring, etc…
-Shorty Headers
-New Exhaust (2 into 1 pipe)
-Single stainless steel 5”center exhaust tip with gusseted surround for protection

Drivetrain
-3 Speed Toyota transmission (original),
-10 spline 4 speed transfer case (original, with modification to use 2L)
-New aluminum aftermarket radiator
-New power steering upgrade (GM Box) with new Pro-Comp steering dampener
-Power brakes (Updated Tacoma brake booster)

Suspension
-SOA (Spring Over Axle) conversion
-Approximately 6” lift
-Extended wheel base approximately 8”
-All New Pro Comp 5000 shocks with Pro Comp steering dampener
-Custom lengthened drive shafts
-Anti axle wrap bracket
-New seals, wheel bearings, spring bushings

Wheels/Tires
-36”x13.5”x17” Super Swamper IROKs (Less than 100 miles)
-17”x10” American Racing wheels

Exterior
-Aqua Lu Gen 2 aluminum tub (Entire tub is aluminum from firewall back) will never rust
-Brand new steel front fenders CCOT
-New blinker/tail light/running light/head light assemblies (Not lenses, entire assembly is new)
-2006 Range Rover Bonnati Grey Metallic PPG base coat with 6 coats of PPG urethane clear, entire cruiser was then wet sanded and buffed
-Shaved Emblems
-Custom (1 off) front tube bumper with aluminum skid plate and custom winch plate
-Custom built in off-road lights, two forward and two at a 40% angle off to the sides
-Single stainless steel 5”center exhaust tip with gusseted surround for protection
-Brand new aluminum running boards (painted)
-Rear wheel wells raised 3 inches
-Custom side mirrors
-Custom rear quarter latch covers
-Brand new tailgate cover plate

Accessories/Tops
-Kayline soft top, full soft doors (Can be separated to make soft half doors)
-Hardtop (Needs some work, needs paint, I have an extra fiberglass top portion)
-Hardtop has one piece lift gate, as well as rusty, but rare 1 piece tailgate)
-Hard Doors (need paint)
-2 safari tops (1 full length, 1 standard “Bikini” top)
-Extra set of half doors
-2 extra sets of soft doors
-Water proof seat covers
-Leather faux seat covers (was going to upgrade to new seats but never got around to it)

Interior
-6 point roll cage (custom 2” DOM)
-Subaru XT bucket seats with lumbar support, fully adjustable (Drivers side seat elevates for better visibility when in bad weather/off road), seats come with the waterproof covers mentioned above
-Custom rear seat (FWD facing, waterproof, contains 6x9 speakers for theft deterrent) **Very comfortable, reclining position and lots of leg room
-Aluminum shift knobs
-Grant Steering Wheel
-Pioneer flip front CD Player with remote
-SONY Explode 6”x 9” speakers with tweeters
-All original FJ40 gauges hook up and work properly with the V8
-VDO Illuminated Tach
-Water proof/mildew proof high density sound deadening padding (Super Quiet and Expensive!)
-100% Ulhoff black carpet (water proof/mildew proof)!!
-Brushed Aluminum interior floor sills and accents
-3 point seat belts (Front), 2 point lap belts (rear)

Again Please, only serious bidders. I will require a $500 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit within 48 hours of the end of the auction. I also reserve the right to end the auction early. You will have 2 weeks to pay in full and pick up the vehicle unless prior arrangements are made between me and the winning bidder.

** I had this sold on a previous listing. I ended up doing a lot of extra work per the guys request and he ended up backing out so it is now listed again with no reserve because it needs to go.

**If you have less than 10 on feedback you must email me before bidding or I will cancel your bid automatically.

REMEMBER if you need more pics or more detailed information, then please ask before bidding, I will be happy to send you more information.

REMEMBER this FJ40 was built in 1974 and is not a new vehicle, it doesn’t ride like a NEW vehicle or have AC, PW, etc….and to top it off, you will probably have to work on it/or have someone work on it sometime in the future. Just please understand what you are bidding on. Please don't assume this is a perfect show car , it was intended to be a clean weekend toy to take out and enjoy.

NO RESERVE!!!!!!

So please bid to win ,

Good Luck

Asking Price is $19,000 but if it goes for $14,500 then so be it.

ALSO, PURISTS DO NOT EMAIL ME, I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY.

EBAY BEST LOWER FRONT111111.jpg
111111111EBAY GREAT SHOT FRONT RIGHT SIDE WITH GOOD SHINE.jpg
1111111EBAY PAINT HOOD.jpg

REMEMBER This is Mud. If you want to hold an auction, take it to eBay. You can list a price here, but not solicit offers. Also, you should really put the link to your ebay auction in your ad.

Last edited:
A few more pics

A few more pics
111111111EBAY TOP.jpg
111111111EBAY REAR RIGHT SIDE.jpg
4444EBAY DASH SHOT.jpg

that thing is killer, you got an ebay item # or something? buy it now price?? thanks

I remember seeing this on ebay before!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom