Warm pull cable... all the same length? Can they be lengthened? (1 Viewer)

Lil'John

SILVER Star

Title pretty much states it all.

I am looking at retro fitting one into my 71 FJ55. I have a non-toyota cable control heater valve and was hoping to have a cable so I can locate the valve.

On a related note, is it possible to get them lengthened?

i am winging this one but on dirt bikes, four wheelers, lawn mowers etc. I have just walked into motorcycle shops and they have made me whatever i wanted including reusing my ends if need be.....

I would suggest picking up a generic choke cable from a parts house. they are pretty long. If you have the old assembly, pull the wire all the way out. The wire is usually soldered in the rod. Heat the rod and remove the old wire. Cut the choke wire to the length you need and solder it back into the rod. The spring cover is usually just a press fit on the tube. work the spring out and replace with the spring from the choke cable, cut to the length you need, and squeeze the tube back together. If the tube will not hold onto the spring, solder the two together. run a long drill down the tube to clear any solder that leaks through. Re-insert the wire into the tube/spring and bend the end of the wire to the desired shape.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom