Warden Built Aux Fuel Tank fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm selling this for a friend. He says it's built by the infamous Warden Family. An aux. fuel tank for an fj40. His dad bought it, never installed it and sold the 40. It's been inside his garage ever since. I was going to put it under my 45, but don't want to cut a hole for the filler door.

Parts of it are made out of stainless, I don't know the capacity, but it's 34 1/4" across.

It may be sold...Someone said they were interested locally and I'm giving them the first chance.

$400.00

101_1678.jpg

Last edited:
101_1677.jpg

The mounting bracket/skid plate.

101_1679.jpg

101_1680.jpg

101_1681.jpg

And the filler neck collar...

101_1682.jpg

101_1684.jpg

101_1685.jpg

bump

I sent you a pm.;)

I normally wouldn't comment here, except for the liability of a Fuel cell. The design looks great - including the filler recess. The only thing I am worried about is that it looks like Danny welded this with STEEL wire instead of stainless - evident by the RUSTING welds. Stainless wire is very expensive.
While it is possible to weld stainless with steel wire, it is not a very strong weld...

Can you check the welds with a magnet and see if they are ferrous?

I normally wouldn't comment here, except for the liability of a Fuel cell. The design looks great - including the filler recess. The only thing I am worried about is that it looks like Danny welded this with STEEL wire instead of stainless - evident by the RUSTING welds. Stainless wire is very expensive.
While it is possible to weld stainless with steel wire, it is not a very strong weld...

In the interest of selling this I have deleted my response. Apparently I mistook this.

Last edited:
24Hours: Just FYI, but I'm not sure you are doing your "friend" any favors with a reply like that. Can you just answer Panoramic's valid question as opposed to taking it personally...doesn't appear he is trying to sabotage anything...he just wants more info.

So, I just put a magnet to this (The only magnet I have is a welders/fab. triangle). It stuck to the bottom and what I take to be the back of the tank. It was also drawn to the welds.

It also stuck to the filler collar and the mounting bracket/skid plate.

Bump for a lower price.

if 400.00 is too much, someone make a reasonable offer.

bttt...How about an offer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom