Wanted Wanted - Tool bag tie down hooks for 1979 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi. I'm looking for the tie down hooks for the tool bag strap for my 1979 FJ40 (under right rear jump seat). Thanks.

1619736710603.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, Unfortunately, I don't see any of the hooks I need in your picture. If you have others, please show. Thanks.

Hi. I'm looking for the tie down hooks for the tool bag strap for my 1979 FJ40 (under right rear jump seat). Thanks.

View attachment 2660538

i have NOS ones , PLEASE SEE EACH Link below :

thanks matt

2 of them are spot welded to the body (behind the bag in the picture) and body colored. The front one is attached by a bolt and is cad plated. Are you looking for all of them? I may have the attached ones.
Good morning. I'm really looking for all 3 of them. Do you only have the ones that go behind the bag?

i have NOS ones , PLEASE SEE EACH Link below :

thanks matt

Thanks, Matt. These are for pre-'79 rigs (as i'm sure you know). Will keep in mind if i don't find exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks, Matt. These are for pre-'79 rigs (as i'm sure you know). Will keep in mind if i don't find exactly what I'm looking for.

can you please PM me exactly what your looking for ?

i have many others not listed in climate control storage too

thanks

Good morning. I'm really looking for all 3 of them. Do you only have the ones that go behind the bag?

Nope don't have the front one. I have the rear ones but they are still attached. I don't have a tool bag and don't plan to get one. You might want to check around some more. I am willing to part with mine but it would have to worth my while to cut them out and then fix my fender. There are 2 spot welds on each.

C25C9A7C-8F8B-4F6F-8605-808F5A366A22.jpeg

can you please PM me exactly what your looking for ?

i have many others not listed in climate control storage too

thanks
Bag location and front hook set up changed for '79 and later. Please see photo attached in my original post. For '79+, thee is no front metal hook attached to band. Band secures directly around a hook welded to tub.

welded to tub ?

or

bolted to tub ?

i have never seen a spot welded tool or jack retainer rubber band hook before ?

welded to tub ?

or

bolted to tub ?

i have never seen a spot welded tool or jack retainer rubber band hook before ?

My picture above shows how it came from Toyota. The rear two are welded to the tub and the front one is bolted with a little raised lip in the wheel well to help position it. The late tool hold down bands are just a loop of rubber, no attached clip.

Looks like the older clips (not the one on the band but the others) are the same as the late clips.

DF7BD242-52C2-4B4B-BD19-5194CEF1041E.jpeg

Last edited:
My picture above shows how it came from Toyota. The rear two are welded to the tub and the front one is bolted with a little raised lip in the wheel well to help position it. The late tool hold down bands are just a loop of rubber, no attached clip.

Looks like the older clips (not the one on the band but the others) are the same as the late clips.

View attachment 2661415

i like mud because u learn something new and exciting every day

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom