***wanted pig in CO***

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I thought about reserecting the orginal thread from January but thought people would get lost in it.

So I am in need of a pig here in Colorado. The one I was going to buy meet with an unforunate accident. So needless to say I cant get it. :crybaby:

If any one has any leads on a clean pig they want to sell I am looking. As usual preferably as little rust as possible a very strong engine as this will be my DD. I can spend only $2000.

I am in desperate need of a new piggie.

Thanks,

Last edited:
usmcruiser said:
Well I thought about reserecting the orginal thread from January but thought people would get lost in it.

So I am in need of a pig here in Colorado. The one I was going to buy meet with an unforunate accident. So needless to say I cant get it. :crybaby:

If any one has any leads on a clean pig they want to sell I am looking. As usual preferably as little rust as possible a very strong engine as this will be my DD. I can spend only $2000.

I am in desperate need of a new piggie.

Thanks,

Well... I really dont want to do this.... but for you I will. Bruiser sold me his pig. I just have to go pick it up and pay him the fundage.... but for you I will pass it and allow only you to buy it. This doesnt go for anyone else.... if you are going to use the pig for your own and not sale it... then you can have the pig. I was going to fix it up and keep it as my own. I already have a pig... but two pigs is always better. Bruisers pig doesnt have an engine or transmission. But I know of a 2F in Denver for 300 bucks. Some one else will need to hook you up with a transmission and tcase. 500 dollars for the pig... the rest you can use to buy new items for the pig.
let me know soon...... I have already pencil'd in plans for it. If you are going to need it then I have another rig I am going to start on.

:cheers:

I really appreceate the offer but I think that pig is going to be more work than I can invest into it to get it going. Between my 2 kids, wife, new house, and the 40 I dont have alot of time for projects. I really need to find a project (I use the term lightly) that I can drive right out of the box.

:beer: :cheers:

FJBen said:
I've got a 2F sitting in the garage...an 84, missing a carb/fuel pump i'll make you a heck of a deal if you need it.

Been... is it the same 2F that was in your 55?

usmcruiser...... Talk with Bruiser about the 55.... send him a pm and ask for his number. Really though... it isnt a big deal throwing in an engine and transmission... we can do it in a weekend and have it running so you can drive it that monday.

Okay you have twisted my arm to delve into this a little more. I sent Bruiser a PM. Do you happen to have any more pictures of it? So that I can make up a price list of what I may need to get her road worthy.

So far I have:
-Pig = $500.00
-2F = $300.00
-I have tranny and t case out of my '78 40 = $0.00
-rockers from IPOR = $200.00

-sub total = $1000.00

what else is needed in this?

usmcruiser said:
Okay you have twisted my arm to delve into this a little more. I sent Bruiser a PM. Do you happen to have any more pictures of it? So that I can make up a price list of what I may need to get her road worthy.

So far I have:
-Pig = $500.00
-2F = $300.00
-I have tranny and t case out of my '78 40 = $0.00
-rockers from IPOR = $200.00

-sub total = $1000.00

what else is needed in this?
You need a Factory TLC Heavy Duty Clutch Kit. If you have a TLCA member ship thats up to date then you should be able to get a discount.

Mine was 189.00 6 years ago. Comes with everything you need. Im not much into some of the aftermarket clutch kits... stay Toyota... mine worked great.

nick,
As far as i know my 55 was a runner until a guy in my town bought it to get his 40 running. i don't believe there was anything wrong with any other part of it.
Let me know what pics you need and I will try to get them taken and sent.
Bryce

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom