Wanted: Pics of green FZJ80 with refinished stock rims (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

these are smoking gun powder coats done by ACC

I can take a close up if you would like.
249294_2094281829288_1012560070_32000805_7050965_n.jpg

tires are 285 75 bfg ATs cruiser has 2.5 OME lift i think i need 35s to match the lift though :grinpimp: and some weight in the rear (a rear bumper would be best imho) to bring my ass down.....

Slight variation on grey. I used grey primer, graphite wheel paint (didn't like) then Cast Iron engine enamel. The graphite just didn't look right with the bronze tint and gold pin striping(now removed)

photo6.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
IMG_0093.JPG

Heres a newer pic of the wheels 3 years later still holding up great. Busted my radiator and took the safe route home... all good now.

My wheels were looking pretty horrific so I rattle canned them last weekend with a 'Charcoal Grey' color from Lowe's. So far, I'm pretty happy. The front center cap was painted the same color and the rear was plasti-dipped with an old can I had around.

charcoal-wheels.jpg

Last edited:
I really like Corbet's wheels. The gray powder coat matches the 6m1, door moldings and bumper colors really well. Also having the windows crinkled makes the spokes stand out more.

If not following Corbet's powder coating style, I would recommend re-finishing the wheels in the 40th/CE style. It makes the depth of the concave spokes really stand out compared to the silver finish.

superlift2.jpg

river.jpg

superlift003.jpg

Also when the wheels are waxed up and viewed under different light/shadows and at different angles, the combinations of the oem clear coat finish over the machined concave spokes cause them to change hue. This is the best example I have.

Viper.jpg
What rear bumper is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom