wanted - pics of cage to frame tie in (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have images of cage to frame connections they don't mind sharing?

Thanks,

Andy

main.php

These come with the fj60 Cage Kit..

isotels will eliminate some viberation. i like that

Thanks for the posts guys.

Does anyone have experience with both the hard connection or the isolated bushing one? I am doubtful if there is really that much vibration from the cage - maybe I am wrong?! Besides, wouldn't the hard connection also serve to stiffen the frame up?

I actually got a couple of the outriggers off a wrecked frame for the back of the sliders and "b" pillar of the cage. I haven't put too much thought into this but the general idea was to use 2 outriggers on each side (with some moderate reinforcements) to tie the sliders and the cage to the frame. Then plating the bottom as a skids (or boatsides in other words) to keep the bashing to a minimum. I haven't figured out how to keep them from collecting... mud.

Here's a pic of how mine are done... FC Style...:smokin: (click on pic)

(this is a picture of another rig, but mine is done exactly the same...)

The flat plate on top of the slider tie-in, is the mount for my A-pillar
slider tub mount.jpg

YZF,

I check in on your build over on pirate every so often. Killer fenders! FC comes up with some great stuff and really raises the bar. Thanks for reminding me of that image. I'll keep that one in the back of my head for sure!

Andy

Right on Thanks!

Yeah FC does some Incredible work! Wish I had half that talent..

I'm in the process of painting the aprons, and skins.. Gonna look good! I'll post up in that thread once I'm done.. (probably a week or two) Too busy with wedding planning stuff right now..

I just got married in December. I feel your pain!

I'll keep an eye out for the painted product. Get those latches too while your at it! ;p

If you get a chance, please post up a few pics of the top side of the connection of the tube relative to the door jamb. If you have some pics of the rear connections too that would be much appreciated.

Thanks again!

Andy

Is it best to put the bushing at the frame or under the floor?

Sources for the bushed sleve, bolt & tabs?

Thanks

I just got married in December. I feel your pain!

I'll keep an eye out for the painted product. Get those latches too while your at it! ;p

If you get a chance, please post up a few pics of the top side of the connection of the tube relative to the door jamb. If you have some pics of the rear connections too that would be much appreciated.

Thanks again!

Andy

Andy,

Do you mean pics of the "A Pillar" connection for the roll cage? The body being on the frame will be tough to get an aerial shot of the sliders...;)

I'll crawl under the rig and get some close up shots of the top side of the slider connections this weekend...

I don't have frame tie-ins for the B and C pillars yet.. Those are on the list of many things to do in the future...

Cheers:beer:
Mark

Thank YZF,

Yeah, I was looking for where the A pillar plate connects to the slider bracket above and below the tub. I lapsed on my star so my box was full. Problem fixed now and should be up and running shortly! Sorry about that.

For the B and C connections I am sure FC has a killer detail cooking in his brain.

The pics shown are not good?

thats correct. they all suck.

Just kidding. I am a glutton for punishment.
The more pics the better as I am sure that this subject will come up again and again, and the more ideas the better. (oh and I freikin look forward to seeing what awesome ideas you yanks come up with everyday!:) :bounce:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom