Wanted: pics of 2.5 lift w/ 31.5 vs. 32.5's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just ordered my dobinson 2.5 lift and am struggling with getting either 265/65/18's or 265/70/18's. Going with stock wheels and I have found a couple of pics but most threads seem to show bigger tires on non lifted GX's. And a lot of 17 inch wheels.
I'm also taking into consideration whether I will be able to get the spare under the truck. I don't mind deflating it since I'm putting in a air pump. I do want the same size spare as the other tires.
Finally, I do have the class III hitch but no kdss.
Tires I'm probably getting are Falken Wildpeak A/T WA which may only come in the 265/70/18 size

Just ordered my dobinson 2.5 lift and am struggling with getting either 265/65/18's or 265/70/18's. Going with stock wheels and I have found a couple of pics but most threads seem to show bigger tires on non lifted GX's. And a lot of 17 inch wheels.
I'm also taking into consideration whether I will be able to get the spare under the truck. I don't mind deflating it since I'm putting in a air pump. I do want the same size spare as the other tires.
Finally, I do have the class III hitch but no kdss.
Tires I'm probably getting are Falken Wildpeak A/T WA which may only come in the 265/70/18 size
The spare does have a sensor, so if you deflate it, the light will be on constantly. I have 31.5" falken wildpeaks on stock gx470 wheels, spare tire barely fits fully inflated with class III hitch for me, but I have ironman lift. idon't think a 32.5" tire will fit, but I would be happy if someone proved me wtong. Don't all GX460's come kdss?

Pretty sure only the luxury model came with kdss in 2018, anyway. Mine is the prem model.

Oh, you mean you don't have the rear AHC air suspension, kdss is our sway bar system.
Yeah, I don't have airbags. I screwed that up. Thanks for the heads up I just called Dobinson to make sure my order was right. They said all was good. I'm having them assemble the struts so nothing had shipped yet.

Have you done any searches of those tire sizes on this forum? :hmm:
I'm sure there are a few, and probably with pictures. If not, just comment on the thread and hopefully the person is still involved with MUD and will reply.

Here's a photo of my 2016 Premium with Dobinsons 2.5" lift and 275/70/R18 Goodyear Ultraterrains. Just a little bigger tire than you requested, but hope this helps.

PXL_20210920_201132779_2.jpg

@BPGX460 - No, unfortunately. It might have worked if not fully inflated. I also have the hitch with the tow package. So I'm running with OEM size spare until I decide on a rear bumper or tire carrier.

Here's a photo of my 2016 Premium with Dobinsons 2.5" lift and 275/70/R18 Goodyear Ultraterrains. Just a little bigger tire than you requested, but hope this helps.

View attachment 3070491
Tire size look great! Are you getting any rubbing on the body mounts? (Assuming you haven't done a body mount chop yet from the looks of it.)

View attachment 3070491
Tire size look great! Are you getting any rubbing on the body mounts? (Assuming you haven't done a body mount chop yet from the looks of it.)
@sbacon I really like this look. I'm also curious if you have to do anything other than the lift to fit the 33s on the factory wheels.

@sbacon I really like this look. I'm also curious if you have to do anything other than the lift to fit the 33s on the factory wheels.
As I mentioned, with 33's you'll need a body mount chop, even with a suspension lift. Not too expensive, should be less than a couple of hundred dollars.
Pretty much anyone with a 5thGen 4Runner or GX460 and larger tires will have done this.
Any shop that works wirth off road Toyota's (e.g. 4Runners) will have no problem doing this.

Dobinsons “ 2 inch” lift, ended up being 2.5 inch.
Dobinsons diff drop
275/65/18 Goodyear duratracs, I was able to fit a no-name 275/65/18 in the spare location with all towing brackets removed.

4126F345-C696-4A9D-8C95-442596C874D9.jpeg

Dobinsons “ 2 inch” lift, ended up being 2.5 inch.
If it's a new lift, in time the height will relax and level out to closer to 2 inches. ;)
Just give it a wee bit of time, mate!

I forgot to mention that I also added Spidertrax 1.25" spacers. I did just a bit of trimming and heat gun treatment on the wheel well plastic. No BMC needed though.

285/70r17 1.9” front lift 2” rear Dobinsons. No BMC here never rubbed. Lots of fender chopping up front. Recently had a flat and used my 265/75r18 which was the biggest tire I could get in stock location. I’d get smaller tires if I had to do it over again. But they do look good and perform great off road.
5FDD7961-FCAB-4066-BA65-C11E2D760F51.jpeg

5BDB8CCF-D4CA-415F-AB18-66EF502E157F.jpeg

0D12ABC1-04DD-495F-83A6-D9D8A932654B.jpeg

265219DF-93F3-4BE9-9334-B4EB8347EAB5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom