Wanted Wanted Parts For FJ45 SWB Fixed Top (sorry noob questions) updated (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have seen steel bodied and pot metal bodied selectros - were both types made for cruisers?

Also Selectro made neat hubs. I have them on my 64 swb

Last edited:
I have seen steel bodied and pot metal bodied selectros - were both types made for cruisers?
Maybe the brain trust can chime in, I’m not sure. I just know what’s on mine. I’ll snap a pic.

667FA757-823A-49A2-BE37-B6171AD3B544.jpeg
0ECB1E74-C89E-42FC-8E66-5930D356955F.jpeg
3DBBDBD9-822E-4335-9C54-99D2F8943184.jpeg

Cool sell it to me
Lots of neat upgrades to do while you're putting it back together. We did disc brakes all around, 3.70 gears, limited slip in the rear, some rock lights, u-bolt flip.

I’m excited about it but so far parts availability is a bit discouraging for original bits

Lots of neat upgrades to do while you're putting it back together. We did disc brakes all around, 3.70 gears, limited slip in the rear, some rock lights, u-bolt flip.

I’m excited about it but so far parts availability is a bit discouraging for original bits
Yeah, I bet. It’s like finding hens teeth really. I have an original spare tire carrier setup if you need one. I am pretty sure it’s complete, if that’s what your truck had.
I don’t want to muddy up your wanted ad. Start a build thread so we can all shoot the shot there.

Thanks for the note. Haven’t been able to find a single item yet. Put some feelers out a few folks said they would look but no one seems to have anything to sell yet. I’ve been doing elbow grease projects. Did get some tie rod ends and brake bits. Getting a rear crossmember formed up, hoping some bits turn up.

Ike

What do you still need?

-carb float- need this bad (this seems like the original aisin carb with the window)
If you have a float, you should be able to resolder it. Check out you tube and you can see how if you put the float in boiling water, you can find the leaks...and also clean out the carb but use CAUTION.
If you do not have a float, the consensus is that you can use this: Carter W-1 1 Barrel Brass Float

I have a float and did solder it but it’s quite fragile - it had about six hairline cracks. I was able to get it floating again but I think it’s only a matter of time. Thanks for the tip on the replacement!!

If you have a float, you should be able to resolder it. Check out you tube and you can see how if you put the float in boiling water, you can find the leaks...and also clean out the carb but use CAUTION.
If you do not have a float, the consensus is that you can use this: Carter W-1 1 Barrel Brass Float

We can help with a handful of your needs @ Cruiser Outfitters.

We stock the amber and clear bub/park lights as well as lenses only. For example:

Screenshot_20200405-191503_Chrome.jpg

Bumperettes are on the same page. We have the door exterior rubber, window runs, inner/outer window scrubs, plates and clips and the bug catcher w/s kits too. I'll look on the used stuff.

Thanks for the note and heads up I’ll check it out.

Cheers
Ike

We can help with a handful of your needs @ Cruiser Outfitters.

We stock the amber and clear bub/park lights as well as lenses only. For example:

Bumperettes are on the same page. We have the door exterior rubber, window runs, inner/outer window scrubs, plates and clips and the bug catcher w/s kits too. I'll look on the used stuff.

Updated List. As I have been working on my 45 Im finding the things Im missing or need. Let me know if you have any of these items or a source for them. Many thanks
-Ike

-Brake line support clips for the rear axle. two of mine are broken including the one under the axle breather
-Wiring clips on the chassis - the ones that clip on to the edge of the chassis and support the tail light harness
-terminals (anyone sell original style bullet terminals?
-Hose clamps - a few of mine are rusty or missing their clamping screws - is there a source for the original type
-FD knob and special nut
-Fuse box cover
-generator and voltage regulator? and possibly brackets (Im assuming mine had this)
-Original exhaust and heat shield with mounting brackets (looks like mine has been replaced and I cant seem to find a stock replacement)
-Battery tray and clamp - Ive seen some for sale but the orientation of the clamp appears to be 90 deg of the original one in my truck
-material for headliner/cab trim - assume someone has retrimmed theres and could offer some insight here
-RHD side 17 inch wing window (mine is missing the frame and glass here
-Hitch - assume there is a stock hitch for these that fits to the 4 bolt (looks like NATO pattern) in the rear crossmember

I have a hitch I will send you for the cost of shipping. Shoot me a $20 to wngrog@aol.com

I’ll look at the axle I pulled and see if any of the line clips are there. It will get discs so I don’t need em. If so I’ll report back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom