Wanted Wanted: Motor for LC in Costa Rica (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello there! Hope all you guys and gals are doing well. My brother has a 1984 60 series LC with a Gasoline engine and he is looking to change it for a diesel engine. I was wondering if anyone knew or had of of the following and how much you are selling it for.

Ideally you live in Central America! *And* the motor is recent and low mileage...

Option #1: 1HD-T

Option #2: 1HD-FT

Option #3: 1HZ (and a turbo kit).

The plan is to have a turbo-diesel engine in his car (and then put in the intercooler later). Thanks for your help in my hunt!

Serge

look for a dead Dyna truck w/ turbo 4 cylinder. I think 13b or 15b.
Check it out.

serge01 said:
Hello there! Hope all you guys and gals are doing well. My brother has a 1984 60 series LC with a Gasoline engine and he is looking to change it for a diesel engine. I was wondering if anyone knew or had of of the following and how much you are selling it for.

Ideally you live in Central America! *And* the motor is recent and low mileage...

Option #1: 1HD-T

Option #2: 1HD-FT

Option #3: 1HZ (and a turbo kit).

The plan is to have a turbo-diesel engine in his car (and then put in the intercooler later). Thanks for your help in my hunt!

Serge

Not sure if you have Toyota Coasters but if so that is another place to look they will have 3B, and up in those. Also Toyota Forklift, the larger ones had 2H in them but they newer ones had some cool diesel engines, however probably not the ones you listed. Good Luck.

Cheers,

Michael

Serge, here in Guatemala we have Japanese motor importers. I've looked and I'll be getting a 3B for my '67 FJ45LV from them. Q15,000 or about $2000 US with all the stuff on it and including a Dyna/Coaster tranny.

cruiser_guy said:
Serge, here in Guatemala we have Japanese motor importers. I've looked and I'll be getting a 3B for my '67 FJ45LV from them. Q15,000 or about $2000 US with all the stuff on it and including a Dyna/Coaster tranny.

The Dyna/Coaster tranny is hooked to a 2 wheel drive transfer case (if you can call it a transfer case) are you getting a split T-case to bolt it too as well. 2k sounds about right for 3B with some miles on it. The best price I have seen in the US is about 2.5k for low mileage 3B.

Cheers,

Michael

tlcruiserman said:
The Dyna/Coaster tranny is hooked to a 2 wheel drive transfer case (if you can call it a transfer case) are you getting a split T-case to bolt it too as well. 2k sounds about right for 3B with some miles on it. The best price I have seen in the US is about 2.5k for low mileage 3B.

Cheers,

Michael

I'll be selling the Dyna/Coaster tranny locally to get a few dollars back and using an H41 coupled to the 3 speed single piece case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom