Wanted Wanted: Low KM 78/79 series LHD 4 door / troopy for import to Canada (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
I recently did an overland trip around Namibia in a rented LC79, kitted for camping. Mostly unintentionally, put that thing through situations I was certain would break ANYTHING.. and it didn't even hint at a problem. Fell in love with the platform right there.
After being a fairly long time reader, it's obvious this is one of the best places to look for a platform to build my own.
Hoping to find a unicorn, to build an overland vehicle. Me, and everyone else I imagine.. but a guys got to try.
Ideally a 4 door pickup (extended if possible), but a Troopy works.
LHD is a must.
2005 or older (Canada import laws are 15+ yrs.)
Relatively Low KM's and overall excellent condition
All mechanical & Diesel specs obv.
If anyone has worked with reputable importers / people that take on this sort of thing, please let me know.
Thank you!

I would just about give my left nut for a 78 troopy Land Cruiser. Alas, We here in the United States aren't is free as they would have us believe.

Wow, what maltec camper did you end up getting? Can you share pics?
My brother and I bought the one originally built for Sackwear- t's on a 92 HDJ80 base. I don't want to spam but there are a few pics on insta @overlandbros

Lots more to come as of spring. It's absolutely.. amazing and I can't really believe it's mine yet hahahah

I don't know how to attach things here, but giving it a shot!

7Q0A2976.jpg

7Q0A3247.jpg

7Q0A3267.jpg

This was my old account, I have updated it to this one as it is an email I share with my brother. We are currently travelling in our 92 HDJ80 full time

We did around 4 months in Baha after the big drive from Ontario, Canada and are now criss crossing down Mexico towards Central america. Our insta details our trip expensively if you care to follow along.

Our insta is @overlandbros

Hi guys, I am too looking to import a
lhd hzj 78/79 troop carrier from anywhere in the world,
diesel,
with coil springs in the front axle , so i guess late 90s or Newer.
Under 35k usd

Thank you

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom