Wanted Wanted: Low KM 78/79 series LHD 4 door / troopy for import to Canada (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
I recently did an overland trip around Namibia in a rented LC79, kitted for camping. Mostly unintentionally, put that thing through situations I was certain would break ANYTHING.. and it didn't even hint at a problem. Fell in love with the platform right there.
After being a fairly long time reader, it's obvious this is one of the best places to look for a platform to build my own.
Hoping to find a unicorn, to build an overland vehicle. Me, and everyone else I imagine.. but a guys got to try.
Ideally a 4 door pickup (extended if possible), but a Troopy works.
LHD is a must.
2005 or older (Canada import laws are 15+ yrs.)
Relatively Low KM's and overall excellent condition
All mechanical & Diesel specs obv.
If anyone has worked with reputable importers / people that take on this sort of thing, please let me know.
Thank you!

Troopy shouldn't be too hard. You Canadians are lucky--in the USA we need to wait until a car is over 25 years old.

Not sure where you'd find a LHD four door pickup, though. Toyota didn't make them that long ago AFAIK, and the conversions were all either South Africa or Australia, so RHD (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about that).

Anyway, here's a LHD, low km's Troopy already kitted for camping:

Close to the port at Zeebrugge, so not to expensive to get it on a ship.

Or this one, seems to be all stock:

There are others on both websites.

Your unicorn may well be here in Canada (Calgary) already.

Not Mine...

1993 - Land Cruiser Troopy - Left Hand Drive - Collector

1587698052759.png

Description
Rare opportunity to purchase a fully registrable and road worthy Land Cruiser Troopy (70 Series). This truck is used all over the world for Safari’s and Overland Expeditions. 1993 PZJ75 - Land Cruiser Engine - 5 Cylinder - diesel 1PZ - with new injector pump just replaced / new timing belt / tensioner / No lockers Manual Gear box Rare Dual Diesel Tanks 4x4 Lots of room to build up a camper unit No rust Clean title Personally imported from Europe All applicable taxes, tariffs, import fees, inspections, repairs, COMPLETE. Needs nothing 100% stock with no aftermarket components Another great truck at a very reasonable price. $33,000 obo. No scammers, trades, PayPal, agents, etc etc.

Thank you very much! I am new to the search so knowing where to look is a huge help. I appreciate it!

Troopy shouldn't be too hard. You Canadians are lucky--in the USA we need to wait until a car is over 25 years old.

Not sure where you'd find a LHD four door pickup, though. Toyota didn't make them that long ago AFAIK, and the conversions were all either South Africa or Australia, so RHD (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about that).

Anyway, here's a LHD, low km's Troopy already kitted for camping:

Close to the port at Zeebrugge, so not to expensive to get it on a ship.

Or this one, seems to be all stock:

There are others on both websites.

I have actually been talking to the seller. Thank you!

Your unicorn may well be here in Canada (Calgary) already.

Not Mine...

1993 - Land Cruiser Troopy - Left Hand Drive - Collector

View attachment 2283726

Description
Rare opportunity to purchase a fully registrable and road worthy Land Cruiser Troopy (70 Series). This truck is used all over the world for Safari’s and Overland Expeditions. 1993 PZJ75 - Land Cruiser Engine - 5 Cylinder - diesel 1PZ - with new injector pump just replaced / new timing belt / tensioner / No lockers Manual Gear box Rare Dual Diesel Tanks 4x4 Lots of room to build up a camper unit No rust Clean title Personally imported from Europe All applicable taxes, tariffs, import fees, inspections, repairs, COMPLETE. Needs nothing 100% stock with no aftermarket components Another great truck at a very reasonable price. $33,000 obo. No scammers, trades, PayPal, agents, etc etc.

spoke to him last year, no results. this ad shows up on kijiji every 4-5 months then disapear.......fake?

So, it looks like the ad is down. Unless this troopy is a ghost, who got it?

not sure about the add but i have seen the truck and know the seller,

good dude just busy with life...

truck is in good shape i have pictures of it if anyone wants

Thank you very much! I am new to the search so knowing where to look is a huge help. I appreciate it!
The 1993 LHD Troopy Sold to a wicked fellow MUD member. I was the seller and the ad was legit and the troopy has moved on to be built up.

2028 is not THAT far away. Love it.

I have this 2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 78 series (troopy) for sale, exportable to Canada

It’s a 4.5 petrol engine (24 valve) full injection with only 137000 kilometers (around 85000 miles)

5 speed manual transmission

Capacity for 12 passengers

2” Old Man Emu Suspension

Brand new tires 285/75/16

View attachment 2473964

View attachment 2473968

View attachment 2473969

View attachment 2473975

View attachment 2473989
What's the asking price landed on Canada?

35k USD landed in Canada
If you wish, I have more pictures and information of the car available upon request. Thanks

Not exactly what you're looking for... considering selling my RHD 1993 PZJ77, 5 speed manual, old man emu lift, 190,000 kms, extensive PM maintenance done, ARB bumper, receipts of much work done. Manual doors and locks, 255 75 16s KM2s, in Canada.

*does not come with roof rack or tent.

Looking for 24,500.

pzj77.jpg

I have this 2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 78 series (troopy) for sale, exportable to Canada

It’s a 4.5 petrol engine (24 valve) full injection with only 137000 kilometers (around 85000 miles)

5 speed manual transmission

Capacity for 12 passengers

2” Old Man Emu Suspension

Brand new tires 285/75/16

View attachment 2473964

View attachment 2473968

View attachment 2473969

View attachment 2473975

View attachment 2473989
Man, that is sweet. Do you export these an on ongoing basis, or is this a one off? Curious about whether you track down other specs down there for customers. Either way, this is beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom