Wanted Wanted: HZJ73/FZJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Hello All,

I am in the market for a 70 series, either a 73/74 with a 1HZ or a 1FZ motor.

~Would prefer a manual
~Doesn't matter if it's a LHD or RHD
~Will fly and drive back from just about anywhere in the country
~Will consider a 4cylinder diesel if it is manual and a clean body
~Shorter wheelbase is fine if the vehicle is clean
~Really would like one with original paint even if its worn or scratched at least I know what I will be getting

I've been looking for awhile and I haven't seen any 1FZ 70 series that haven't been all taken apart and sprayed with new paint hiding who knows what. Most of the cleaner ones seem to be coming out of Japan...

The two current 70 series posted are NLFS (The one from PA and Maryland), I would have taken either.

If you guys see anything please let me know, thanks for your time!
~Al :beer:

I am interested if you have a lot of before pictures showing details of all the areas they like to rust, windows, door seams, frame etc. like I said I am not really looking for a respray. Everyone’s idea of rust is different and I would just prefer to know what I am really getting. But like I said if it you have pictures and it was a clean truck before the repaint I am interested. Thanks again for everyone’s time, I sure do love the ih8mud crew :beer:

I am interested if you have a lot of before pictures showing details of all the areas they like to rust, windows, door seams, frame etc. like I said I am not really looking for a respray. Everyone’s idea of rust is different and I would just prefer to know what I am really getting. But like I said if it you have pictures and it was a clean truck before the repaint I am interested. Thanks again for everyone’s time, I sure do love the ih8mud crew :beer:

It was painted Kermit green and needed rust repairs on both quarter panels and I also replaced the windshield frame and front ps fender for rust reasons . If you are afraid of rust or rust repairs I can recommend looking at something else as there is absolutely no thing as a rust free +25 year old 70 series. I bought my first diesel 70 in 1995 and over a hundred of them have passed trough my hands since then . I have had some "rust free" 7x cruisers passing trough my shop that where sourced from other importers and once you start working on them and start to dissasemble them there will always be some rust , this one might not be the right cruiser for you then , glws

I am not afraid of rust repairs I am nervous about the quality of repairs you can't see after they have been repainted.

There is more than there share of flippers out there that coat stuff in bondo and slap a "restored" price tag on them. It is a problem when there is only a few in the country for sale at a time causing you to fly somewhere to inspect them personally. Pictures don't always tell a true story of what work has actually been done.

I am well aware of the areas they rust, and none of them will be perfect. But I trust an original paint job any day over a respray. Yes, you are correct the vehicle you are selling on its 3rd respray is not the vehicle for me.

Land Cruisers Direct is where I got my HZJ77 but he always seems to be selling HZJ73. I have bought three 70 series from three different importers over the years and Steve Jackson was the least hassle of all three. For more LHD options, there is always joekatana.

Yep I flew out to LCD and drove it back in September.

54E133F0-9A5C-434C-B43D-AD79C36AB0F7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom