Wanted/Help: 2F Engine Tuning Help Needed in PA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I should be able to possibly make a trip Thursday morning. Let me know if that might work for you, and anyone else who might show up please post here.

I can be available Thursday Morning and head into work after lunch. Let me know what you think! Thanks again! Really appreciate all the support!!!

She's alive! Pacer made a late night visit last night and got me running! After running through Spark and Fuel, we discovered that after removing my distributor quite a few times, what I thought was re-installed in the correct orientation at TDC, ended up being a few teeth off. After getting it reset, it fired right up and set the RPM to around 800. Could use some more tweaking to get tuned to spec but it least its running. Thanks Pacer for the support!

I should be able to possibly make a trip Thursday morning. Let me know if that might work for you, and anyone else who might show up please post here.

Doesnt have to happen this week, but would still love your expertise in getting my 2F tuned to where it needs to be. I know you're a couple hours away so if you are ever in the area, I will be available :)

In light of the fact that it is running well right now I am going to not make the trip. I'd be glad to take a look at the truck I'm just glad Pacer worked his magic and you're once again able to drive such a beautiful truck!!!!! Great job Aaron!!!!!!!

So....the saga continues.
Finally decided to take the chance and use the truck last week for my morning 20 mile commute, mostly highway. Cruised well on the way in at 55mph with only some minor wandering in the steering to make things interesting. Used it again to run out and grab lunch with again, no issues. On the way home, I left the city, headed directly up and over the bridge, and then immediately had loss in power and had to pull off. The loss only seemed to come on when the was load on the engine. With the clutch depressed, i could blip the RPMs with no issue for the most part. The minute I tried to move forward at any speed in gear, the motor would bog down and even cut out completely some times. Tried a few times to get her moving and limp my way home with no success and had to end up getting flatbedded home. My initial thought is fuel but anyone have any ideas and where to look?

Def, will test this weekend. Found this thread (FJ40 stalling, fuel pump problem?) which is exactly what I am experiencing but solutions seem to be all over the pace. I do remember getting a pretty big pressure release when running up to the gas station to get gas earlier in the week. Remember I did replace both the gas tank and vapor separator as the were both originally leaking with the no charcoal canister in place and the line that is supposed to run to it plugged. Could the pressure be building causing the fuel pump to function with the potential buildup in pressure?

As mentioned, check the normal fuel issues, etc. You may also want to go over your vacuum lines with a bright light and look for wear/holes. Lastly, loose battery connections will produce very similar symptoms.

Sounds like running lean condition, yes check fuel pressure and float bowl level first.
Fuel cut relay, remember that was a hoaky connection...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom