WANTED: Hard Top for my '74 FJ-40 - Build[x] (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got a complete top for a '78 I want to install on my '74 (hard top gone, soft top only now). I'd like to pay someone who has done this to help me get this done. I can bring the FJ40 and parts to you (I'm near Austin, TX).

Let's connect.

Charles,
Did your 74 come with a tailgate or the mini barn doors? The rear doors will be the difficult part since you will have to deal with door hinges on the later rear barn doors.

What soft top do you have now?

Charles,
Did your 74 come with a tailgate or the mini barn doors? The rear doors will be the difficult part since you will have to deal with door hinges on the later rear barn doors.

What soft top do you have now?
Current '74 is tailgate. I do have both barn doors along with all the parts from the '78 top. So, once we get the hard top on along with the barn-style rear doors (and recessed lock fittings, etc) plus the attach at the windshield the FJ40 should be good to go.

I'll have to check the soft top for brand.

If it was me, I'd keep the tailgate and retrofit a hatch instead of the barn doors.

I was hoping you had a factory soft top and bows that you didn't want :)

I too prefer the barn doors on my 74.
Be aware that parts of the ht 75-up are 1/4” longer.

I’m considering going back to the original way.

Hi and thanks,
I will change my trajectory. I am going to look for a complete hard top for a '74. I have the tailgate and spare mount. Once I get a '74 hard top on my '74 FJ-40 I will sell my soft top, the complete '78 hard top and most likely the complete parts for a 1/2 top I also have.

I don't think that's a 74 top. See the ambulance door hinges?

Try Mike @ MetricOffroad Grand Junction

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom