Wanted I GOT ONE!!!! - FJ55 Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 55 Series
OK...

I hesitate to put this out there because I am still on the front end of my FJ40 build. That being said, I am thinking about my next build being a FJ55 and they seem to be really hard to find at a reasonable price. It took me about 6 months to find my FJ40, so I am just putting this out there.

If anyone knows of a FJ55 in the south east (GA, SC, Tenn, Ala, etc.) for a fair/good deal, let me know. I looking for something that is rough but mostly complete (probably not running and needs lots of work, rust is OK... like I said, a project). The cheaper the better ($500-$2000 range)

I am still on the front end of my FJ40 build, so I am not in a hurry. However, if it is a good deal, I can grab it and hold on to it until I am finished with the FJ40.

No need to send me $6000 - $25,000 rigs, parts cars with nothing left, or ones on the other side of the country. I am looking for a "diamond in the rough" 4-5 hours away that I can load on a trailer and bring it home :)

060618-1974-Toyota-FJ55-Land-Cruiser-1-630x390.jpg

lc-3-630x390.jpg

Last edited:
You might consider mine but it's in Southern Colorado. $3250 needs the usual body work (doors and all floors are very good.) extra rust free tailgate but everything works good from all lights to engine and running gear and gauges. all original. Currently licensed and I drive it occasionally but has to go d/t space limitations. If you want will send pics text or email, but it is a great 1976 FJ55. Frame great shape, New clutch, rebuilt transfer with no leaks underneath or between tranny and transfer, great BFG AT tires. even the tailgate motor works with new metal SOR gear in it.
love to see some pics-snowlandscape@comcast.net

I GOT ONE!!

You guys are amazing! Thank you IH8MUD members. I found my FJ40 on here three years ago, and now I have found my new FJ55 from guys on this forum. I can't thank you guys enough. I just got home and unloaded this pig. I will be starting a new build thread in soon.

Now.... I have just got to finish the FJ40 first :)!!

029.jpg

030.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

Last edited:
Saaawwweeeetttt! Congrats Matthew! I'll be seeing you in the rabbit hole.

Where'd you get her? Tell us about it. Looks like a very solid starting point.

Cheers,

Mike

Here is the build thread link...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom