Wanted Wanted: FD Knob for 1963 FJ45 (FOUND) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wanted to buy: FD Knob for 1963 FJ45 with Vacuum Transfer. Thanks :)

John @pardion might be able to help

The knob changed with the 68 model. The earlier knob was made of a different material that became brittle and cracked. Those are hard to find. Believe the threads are different between the two so can't use the later style on the earlier one. Not 100% sure on that.

no worries,thanks for the info. Sounds like i have a bit of a searching to do then. I have searched a bit online and the knobs look much the same. Strange Mr Toyoda would change the thread size :(

I have searched a bit online and the knobs look much the same. Strange Mr Toyoda would change the thread size :(

I wonder if it changed with the change of the short and long pull cable for the vacumn switch.

I wonder if it changed with the change of the short and long pull cable for the vacumn switch.
uh oh.. i just bought a cable also from a 63' and did not know there were two different lengths.... fingers crossed

As best I can tell the pull cable for my ‘65 40 is the same length as the one in my ‘63 45, but not a measurement just an observation.

When the factory heater started the blower on the firewall moved the vacuum towards the center. Is that the change. US models had a padded dash starting with the 68 model. That changed the location of the knob. The knob changed at that time. Would think the length as well.

AFAIK, nobody has ever determined WHY there are so many different thread diameter and pitch combinations for the early knob. IIRC @owensexport looked into it and determined there were 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom