Wanted Wanted: EBRAKE...PULL UP STYLE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.elirubelphotography.com
im looking for an ebrake setup for my FJ.. I have everything frrom the trans case brake out to the cable..but need the acutally handle..../spring...or whatever else I need to be able to hook up my cable and have a stronng Ebrake

Like the one on Bobs rig in the photo below

View attachment 132987.

Last edited:
Well,

Are you saying that you have THE parking brake cable that works with that lever configuration and the one piece transfer case? There is a different parking brake cable used for that lever set up. The special parking brake cable for this handle set up was used from 01/79 to 07/80. After that, the handle was retained, but a different cable assembly was used since the parking brake was removed from the rear of the transfer case and came on the rear axle brake system.

Also, aren’t you running an automatic and a small block?

You may find that a stock parking brake cable for this system is too short, and end up requiring a custom cable to be made. On a truck that I am building with a small block and an auto, that is exactly what I had to do, and California Push-Pull made me a very nice cable assembly.

I have that Park Brake style handle, and the cable that goes to rear axle, but if your park brake is on the back of the transfer case this cable will be way to long...and you will need a custom cable made up

this handle and cable are out of a 1983 BJ 60...

if your interested

Best Regards

Gord

I've got the handle assy from an '82 FJ60 if you are interested. $20 plus shipping from 24018

I have the handle AND cable assemblyfor sale that is currently in the 1980 that I am parting out right now.

AND it is attached to the back of a v-8, TH350 combo, so I am thinking the cable would be the right one.;)

I MIGHT have someone at the shop helping me pull this stuff out of the truck tomorrow. Will know more then fo sho.

Last edited:
I have the handle AND cable assemblyfor sale that is currently in the 1980 that I am parting out right now.

AND it is attached to the back of a v-8, TH350 combo, so I am thinking the cable would be the right one.;)

I MIGHT have someone at the shop helping me pull this stuff out of the truck tomorrow. Will know more then fo sho.

Sent you a PM

I almost got it out today. Hopefully tomorrow. A phone message will go further right now than a PM.;)

Thanks.

Mark A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom