WANTED: Dual Color Dome/Map Light

Dissent

Questioning my life choices...
GOLD Star
@Outsane What color temp is the white LED? It's warmer than my 6000K Dome lights, I actually like it more.

Last edited:

Dissent

Questioning my life choices...
GOLD Star

Outsane

Supporting Vendor
Website
solvefunction.com

Website
www.durangomagazine.com
Received mine and installed over the past weekend. Haven't driven the truck at night yet since but product works as advertised.

I did remove the supplied foam double sided adhesive (1cm thick) as it was not fitting into the OEM light housing. Just replaced that with simple double sided tape and everything fit perfect. Maybe model years saw a slight change in the housing as I could not see the purpose of the foam for my application (1997).

Awesome!

Most of the time the foam is removed, I left it for those installing on other vehicles. It's east to remove and see it's in the way.
Ready to pull the trigger on one of these to test in my 4runner now that ive found the adapter for the sockets, are these on preorder currently?

also any chance you could give some dimensions of the board? 1998 4runner slots are about 1.95 by 2in

edit: nvm found the dimensions

Last edited:

Outsane

Supporting Vendor
Website
solvefunction.com
@Outsane

have you considered making a verse option for the dome lights so when you open the door it’s white light but have the option to switch to red?

Well if it goes to white first that will kill you night vision. So red first preserves it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom