Wanted WANTED: BJ-42 Project (Massachusetts) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello everyone,

I’ve waited long enough and would finally like to purchase my dream car......a BJ-42!!! Please let me know what you have, and we’ll go from there. Not looking for a pristine one, I dont mind doing work on it. Just as long as its not all rust 🤢. I’m located in Massachusetts but willing to drive it home or trailer it. I would love to finally have a 3B in my life!

Looking to spend less then 8k, but let me know what you have!

Thank you!!!

Brendan

Less then 8k and in the US will probably get you a few buckets full of rust . 15 years ago you could find a decent one for that prices but ever since 40 prices went trough the roof it will be hard to find a already special and rare version for that price , a scrappy latin american BJ40 maybe ?

If I was you I'd find a cleanish 40 of whatever vintage and do a diesel swap. Key points would be good frame and build the rest from there. So many body, engine, transmission, options out there. My opinion only.....

Ideally i’d love to do a 4bt swap, but I know how expensive those engines are. If I could pick one up i’d love to but it seems a little ridiculous to spend 4K just for an engines. Not even including the fact that i’d have to pick up an Nv4500 tranny for it

Well good luck with that.

Speaking of scrappy BJ40s...
I am getting a Columbian 1984 BJ40 in pieces, delivered in a shipping container, to Maine so relatively close to you. It ran in recent memory before they started disassembling it. I've seen it in person, and the panels look good from a distance, but the PO was upset at the amount of bondo. I didn't inspect closely, as it was an extra in a trade deal. I was going to part it out, but might consider selling the whole thing as it sits. It's the B motor, not a 3B, I can't guarantee anything but it was and I believe is complete. Frame is rust free, and the paint is passable. I think at your budget, there won't be too many that look as good, especially in New England. Project, but so was that rusty pair you posted in the other thread.
BJ40 roller

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom