Wanted: 95-97 Landcruiser or 96/97 LX450 in AZ/NM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello,

Please pardon my newbie-ness, I have been lurking for quite a while but finally decided to join.

We are looking to purchase within the next 1-3 weeks. Would prefer original or 2nd owner vehicle w/locked diff, nonsmoking, less than 150k miles, leather, 3rd row and nicely maintained.

Doesn't need to be a seriously equipped off-roading vehicle ... but a grille guard and a few other extras would be nice. Don't mind having to put some maintenance/repair work into it up front if the features & price are right.

We are in Northern AZ and can travel to Albuquerque, Durango and (of course!) anywhere in AZ. I have thought about having a vehicle shipped here from a bit farther away, but am going to admit being clueless on where to start with that.

Please post or email if you have something that could work. Many thanks! :)

kiwi carriers will get you a car from about anywhere in the states for 1000 bux insured. there are other companies as well and of course dont forget the train. But in reality you are in the best place to find a good condition cruiser w/ no rust. be patient and check here and autotrader daily.

still looking? I am thinking about selling my 95. Has new hankook 285 mud terrains, new plugs, cap, rotor, belts, starter and rear brakes. I need to see what to sell it for. runs great with no problems. We have 4 cars for the two of us and I am want to get rid of one. this should be the easiest to sell of the two that we don't need. Leather, lockers. Leather is beat up in driver seat but we put some nice covers on the fronts. Middle row is decent condition. Front passenger seat is in good shape. Third row is there and in great shape. Non smokin car. I think we have 180K on it but it runs perfectly fine. Leaks a little oil out the distributor, but we have the o-ring to fix it, just haven't put it in yet. easy fix. Located in CA half way between LA and SF on coast. No rust on this vehicle. Let me know if you are interested and i will come up with a price and some pics

Thank you, we *are* still looking and would really like pics!
jrbjab1217 (at) yahoo . com
still looking? I am thinking about selling my 95. Has new hankook 285 mud terrains, new plugs, cap, rotor, belts, starter and rear brakes. I need to see what to sell it for. runs great with no problems. We have 4 cars for the two of us and I am want to get rid of one. this should be the easiest to sell of the two that we don't need. Leather, lockers. Leather is beat up in driver seat but we put some nice covers on the fronts. Middle row is decent condition. Front passenger seat is in good shape. Third row is there and in great shape. Non smokin car. I think we have 180K on it but it runs perfectly fine. Leaks a little oil out the distributor, but we have the o-ring to fix it, just haven't put it in yet. easy fix. Located in CA half way between LA and SF on coast. No rust on this vehicle. Let me know if you are interested and i will come up with a price and some pics

Those both look amazing, but are over our price range. And the 95 has a salvage title (called last week).

A couple of weeks ago there was a 1994 in Cave Creek ... red w/no lockers. The seller wanted $4500 for it, because the paint was faded in a few spots & it needed a transmission solenoid replaced. Being that you are in Scottsdale, I wonder if you know him? He said he was part of a Cruiser club, had a very nice accent (maybe Irish/Scottish/European?). The ad isn't on Criags anymore, I am kicking myself for not rushing down there and snatching it up! We just couldn't make the drive at the exact moment the car was for sale.

We did find a what appears to be a nice 96 with lockers in Colorado for 7995 w/146k miles - said they got it from an Audi dealership and it was pampered. Also, after seeing our post on Craig's List, a local dentist called us to come see his collection. He has FIVE older model Land Cruisers, two of which are for sale (the ones for sale are 1996's with 186k & 224k ... he is asking 7k and 8k respectively). Both vehicles received brand new upholstery last week. Neither of them have lockers, but he said that whether we purchase or not, we are welcome to come take a look at all of them to get a feel for what to look for, etc.

That's tomorow. We are excited! Especially to meet another enthusiast who can help point us in the right direction.

Anyway, thanks for your response! ;)

Last edited:
We are looking to purchase within the next 1-3 weeks. Would prefer original or 2nd owner vehicle w/locked diff, nonsmoking, less than 150k miles, leather, 3rd row and nicely maintained.

You may luck into one quickly. For many people on the Forum it takes a few months (or longer) of daily looking to get the right vehicle. If you rush things you usually end up with a less than desirable one or a good one at an inflated price.

You are probably already doing this but I would do a daily search of Autotrader and Cars.com

Good luck.

Those both look amazing, but are over our price range. And the 95 has a salvage title (called last week).

A couple of weeks ago there was a 1994 in Cave Creek ... red w/no lockers. The seller wanted $4500 for it, because the paint was faded in a few spots & it needed a transmission solenoid replaced. Being that you are in Scottsdale, I wonder if you know him? He said he was part of a Cruiser club, had a very nice accent (maybe Irish/Scottish/European?). The ad isn't on Criags anymore, I am kicking myself for not rushing down there and snatching it up! We just couldn't make the drive at the exact moment the car was for sale.

We did find a what appears to be a nice 96 with lockers in Colorado for 7995 w/146k miles - said they got it from an Audi dealership and it was pampered. Also, after seeing our post on Craig's List, a local dentist called us to come see his collection. He has FIVE older model Land Cruisers, two of which are for sale (the ones for sale are 1996's with 186k & 224k ... he is asking 7k and 8k respectively). Both vehicles received brand new upholstery last week. Neither of them have lockers, but he said that whether we purchase or not, we are welcome to come take a look at all of them to get a feel for what to look for, etc.

That's tomorow. We are excited! Especially to meet another enthusiast who can help point us in the right direction.

Anyway, thanks for your response! ;)

I remember two red ones in that area. Didn't know either owner. I wouldn't worry about a salvage title if it is fixed properly, these are old trucks so resale value isn't an issue.:meh: If you check the Copper State Cruiser board, there's a pretty active group in AZ. One of us can probably get free to look if something good comes up. Unfortunately, AZ is one of the highest priced markets for 80s and nobody sells them.:confused: I bought mine on Ebay out of San Antonio. PITA but I saved about $2k. Whether you buy or not, Ebay is a great place to window shop. Sellers usually post 20 to 30 pix so it is a good way to see colors, trim etc. Its also a good place to see what areas show wear and learn what to expect condition wise. Good luck

Sent you a PM and then was about to send another and your PM box is full :whoops:

I am selling my 95 LC80. Asking $7750. 188K, factory lockers, less than 2000 miles on new hankook 285 mud terrains. Overall great condition. everything works. Currently has check engine light on for P402. Need to change vsv I think. small power steering leak and distributor leaks a little oil. I have the o ring to fix the dist leak, but have not put it in yet. New belts, plugs, cap, rotor, air filter, rear brakes and starter. third row seats, leather. Driver seat is pretty cracked but has nice seat covers. No major body damage no rust

Located in Pismo Beach CA area.

LOL! That is the one we are hoping to buy. I am actually working on finding financing for it this morning.

As for the pink pantie edition, I LIKE PINK. ha ha. What would you recommend doing to change it into a striped boxer edition?? Or perhaps superhero tighties?

Is it the running boards?

This is closer to your price but its a pink pantie edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom