Wanted Wanted 27/30 Birfields and Aisin hubs, Atlanta, GA (1 Viewer)

merbesfield

SILVER Star
My daughter and I are working on our 71. Trying to convert to front disc. I have the later hubs and such but need the Birfields to complete my parts list. Apologize if I get the lingo wrong as I am learning. I think what I need is Birfields that are 27 spline inner and 30 spline at the hub. Also need Aisin locking hubs. I know I can buy new and uprated parts but it seems to me that for our light duty use and budget used parts might make more sense. Please let me know if you have anything that would work. Thanks, Mark and Emily

TTT Still looking.
Do yourself a favor. Go find 86-94 if mini truck hubs for like $20 somewhere local. Then get the hub gear that converts the splines from ifs 27 to sfa 30. I think the conversion gears are $100ish for a pair. Plus you'll have new parts that are technically a consumable.

merbesfield

SILVER Star
Do yourself a favor. Go find 86-94 if mini truck hubs for like $20 somewhere local. Then get the hub gear that converts the splines from ifs 27 to sfa 30. I think the conversion gears are $100ish for a pair. Plus you'll have new parts that are technically a consumable.

I only halfway understand what you are saying, but I already have hubs and all the misc. brake parts from a land cruiser. See above pics. So I think all I need at this point is the Birfields and Aisin locking hubs, bc my old ones are for the old six spline Brirfs.

I only halfway understand what you are saying, but I already have hubs and all the misc. brake parts from a land cruiser. See above pics. So I think all I need at this point is the Birfields and Aisin locking hubs, bc my old ones are for the old six spline Brirfs.

Ifs locking hubs can be converted to solid axle locking hubs. Save yourself $200-300

merbesfield

SILVER Star
I looked at Yotamaster site. I think the adapter gear you are talking about is $65.00 per. So $130.00. And then I still need the locking hubs. Savings seem minimal if I am understanding you. Still need the Birfields also. This part?

I looked at Yotamaster site. I think the adapter gear you are talking about is $65.00 per. So $130.00. And then I still need the locking hubs. Savings seem minimal if I am understanding you. Still need the Birfields also. This part?

Ya that's it. Ifs hubs are far more obtainable for a decent price for a pair. Spend $150-200 on a pair you convert or spend $400+ to buy a pair of solid axle locking hubs.

merbesfield

SILVER Star
Seems like not much savings to be had. $360.00 for Aisin vs. maybe $280.00 for adapters and used hubs. I appreciate your explaining it though.

Seems like not much savings to be had. $360.00 for Aisin vs. maybe $280.00 for adapters and used hubs. I appreciate your explaining it though.
Where are you getting $280 from? It should only be at most $200 for a pair of ifs hubs converted to sfa. Good luck to you.

merbesfield

SILVER Star
Where are you getting $280 from? It should only be at most $200 for a pair of ifs hubs converted to sfa. Good luck to you.
I was figuring adapter at 2x$65.00 so that's $130.00 and then "maybe" used hubs for $150.00 pr. so $280.00 all in. Am I mistaken? Is this what you were meaning?

I was figuring adapter at 2x$65.00 so that's $130.00 and then "maybe" used hubs for $150.00 pr. so $280.00 all in. Am I mistaken? Is this what you were meaning?
Yes, you're mistaken. Ifs hubs are not $150. They are like $50 or less. Most of the time they are $20 and sometimes free.

merbesfield

SILVER Star
Ah, now that makes more sense. I thought you had said they were like $150-200. So at junk yards and pull aparts I can still find them and they are that cheap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom