Want To Rent/Borrow 200 For Couple Days (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thinking about getting a 200 for the next family car, we’re sorta outgrowing the 120, and it’s venerable 4.7 has 328k and counting on it... My lovely wife thinks that maybe the 200 is a touch to big, so I was wondering if maybe I could do a tradesies for a couple of days to see if we like it. Big boy rules of course, break it ya buy it. I’ll return it clean and topped off. No long road trips. If you want a couple hundo or a nice bottle of something, that’s cools too. Located in Walnut Creek, CA. I’ve got a 1984 911 Carrera that’s pretty spicy, if you wanna swap straight up for the time.

man if I was local to ya would trade for a couple days no probs. Good luck!

I've driven a lot of stuff and, IMHO the 200 isn't big at all, it's no Suburban for cryin' out loud! Feels about the same if not smaller, yes! than all the GL class Mercedes we had (3 of them over the years). You get used to it. Just buy one :D

There are many more LXs for sale in most places, there might be one or two to test drive at least.

I will say this.. the 200 series acts way smaller than it is. Very sharp turning radius for its size..

There is a place in Colorado that will rent several different vehicles, one is a 200 series.

I always wondered what happened to the Sleebuilt Cruiser, what a neat way for a bunch of people to experience a premier built 200

Why not just ask for an overnight test drive at a local Toyota or Lexus dealer? Will probably have better luck with Lexus, but I've never had any trouble taking a car home for a day or two if I ask. They may not let the "Brand new" inventory off the lot as easily unless you are intending to sign a contract, but I'm fairly certain they will let the pre-owned go for a day or two w/o hesitation. Especially if you leave the Carrera with them. :)

If I were local to you I'd definitely do the 911 swap for a few days lol. Like the others have said, the 200 feels a lot smaller than it is and in no way is it large IMHO.

It is always interesting how many Cruiser owners are or were 911 owners. Drove an 87 Carrera daily for 5 years after my 100 series. Loved them both equally. Apologies for the thread drift.

Why not just ask for an overnight test drive at a local Toyota or Lexus dealer? Will probably have better luck with Lexus, but I've never had any trouble taking a car home for a day or two if I ask. They may not let the "Brand new" inventory off the lot as easily unless you are intending to sign a contract, but I'm fairly certain they will let the pre-owned go for a day or two w/o hesitation. Especially if you leave the Carrera with them. :)
This may be your best option @intense1 Concord Lexus is near by and I think Dublin Livermore area has Lexus dealers.
I am not able to part with the family hauler cruiser for a couple days but if you are interested in a short test drive one of these weekends let me know.

Thinking about getting a 200 for the next family car, we’re sorta outgrowing the 120, and it’s venerable 4.7 has 328k and counting on it... My lovely wife thinks that maybe the 200 is a touch to big, so I was wondering if maybe I could do a tradesies for a couple of days to see if we like it. Big boy rules of course, break it ya buy it. I’ll return it clean and topped off. No long road trips. If you want a couple hundo or a nice bottle of something, that’s cools too. Located in Walnut Creek, CA. I’ve got a 1984 911 Carrera that’s pretty spicy, if you wanna swap straight up for the time.

I wouldn't be able to do a loan, but we will probably be organizing a ride at Hollister Hills soon and you could join and get up close and personal with a 200 or two.

I remember when car dealers used to loan the cars out overnight or even a day or two all the time. I'm not that old.

This may be your best option @intense1 Concord Lexus is near by and I think Dublin Livermore area has Lexus dealers.
I am not able to part with the family hauler cruiser for a couple days but if you are interested in a short test drive one of these weekends let me know.

If you're ever in SoCal, you can take mine. I'd love to borrow the 84!
Thanks gents! The GM at Walnut Creek Toyota goes to my CrossFit gym, so I doubt I’d have a problem getting a couple day loaner from him. I also received a pm from a gent in San Jose, so I might take him up on the swap here in the next couple of weeks.

It is always interesting how many Cruiser owners are or were 911 owners. Drove an 87 Carrera daily for 5 years after my 100 series. Loved them both equally. Apologies for the thread drift.
It’s because we’re smart

I would do this trade in a heartbeat if local.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom